Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
My new S was only getting 75% throttle. My top rpm I could ever get was 5850-5900.

The bolt that holds the throttle cable to the peddle has a black plastic washer peice that the cable rolls over. I took this off, and then cut a 1 inch peice of 1/2 pvc pipe and put the black washer into the pvc then put it back on. "I had to drill the pvc hole a bit bigger, to get it to fit". This adjusts the lenght that the peddle pulls the throttle cable. I then checked and my TB was WOT. This was very easy, only one bolt and fixed my rzr. Could work for some of you as well.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
can someone tell us how to adjust the link want connect thanks
Here ya go...straight from the service manual.....
Inspection
1. Place the transmission in the P (Park) position
2. Start the engine, and warm it up thoroughly.
3. Measure the distance the throttle pedal moves before the engine begins to pickup speed. Free play should be 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5-3 mm).

Adjustment
1. Remove the seats and rear service panel.
2. Locate the throttle cable adjuster just above the PVT (drive belt) cover.
3. Squeeze the end of the rubber boot and slide it far enough to expose the end of the inline cable adjuster.
4. Loosen the adjuster lock nut.
5. Rotate the boot to turn the adjuster until 1/16" to 1/8" (1.5 to 3 mm) of freeplay is achieved at the throttle pedal.
NOTE: While adjusting, lightly flip the throttle pedal up and down.
6. Tighten the lock nut.
7. Squeeze the end of the rubber boot and slide it over the cable adjuster to it's original position.

·
Premium Member
12,793 Posts
Inspection
3. Measure the distance the throttle pedal moves before the engine begins to pickup speed. Free play should be 1/16" - 1/8" (1.5-3 mm).

Adjustment
3. Squeeze the end of the rubber boot and slide it far enough to expose the end of the inline cable adjuster.
5. Rotate the boot to turn the adjuster until 1/16" to 1/8" (1.5 to 3 mm) of freeplay is achieved at the throttle pedal.
6. Tighten the lock nut.
7. Squeeze the end of the rubber boot and slide it over the cable adjuster to it's original position.
Nice Moto!......
I had to go back in and re-adjust mine after a bit of running mine was sticking open. I backed off a 1/4 turn and all is good............

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Inspection

Adjustment
6. Tighten the lock nut.
Nice Moto!......
I had to go back in and re-adjust mine after a bit of running mine was sticking open. I backed off a 1/4 turn and all is good............
Mine is sticking open once in a while also, then it slowly gets back to an idle, unless I blip the throtttle real quick, then it gets back to an idle right away. I guess I better check mine today!

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Gary you won't believe this.....I checked mine and after breaking the lock nut loose and turning the adjuster so I had just under an 1/8" free play, there was a 1/4" gap under the lock nut. There is no way I could have been getting full throttle, and it doesn't seem to be hanging up anymore. I didn't drive it yet because I have paddles on and didn't want to tear them up, but I'm sure I will notice a difference.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Here is another thread you might find interesting that includes the throttle adjustment and the correct TPS voltage readings that control how much fuel the ECU is sending through the injectors. If your not getting 100% open on the butterfly in the throttle body, you may not be getting 100% on the TPS and fuel injection either...

I checked my RZR-S and it seems to be getting 100% WOT and the correct TPS voltage signal without any mods to the throttle cable or pedal.

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/6571-ported-polished-tb.html

:rzrs:

·
Alaskan RZR fan
110 Posts
Where is the throttle adjustment on the 09s? I see some people on this thread have 09s, but on mine there is no boot or adjustment in the rear of the machine. The cable goes directly into the throttle body. There seems to be a small boot right in front of the pedal, but I would have to take off the front plastic to get in there to adjust it. Is this it?

Does anyone know if anyone has posted the 2009 shop manual for the RZR yet? I have the 08, but there are a few differences that I have found so far and probably a bit more that I am not aware of.

·
Banned
1,378 Posts
man what a b*tch to get to the adjuster on my 08. I have a K&N intake box so I cant get my hands around that dang cable adjuster!!!! Grrrr. Anyone have some really small hands? =) I have about half an inch of extra cable at the gas pedal sticking out so I know there is WAY to much slack.

·
addicted
988 Posts
I had a half inch extra cable too.. omg what a differance the adjustment made, like a whole new machine thx man.

walbright its the screw on the throttlebody right above cvt case.

·
TunaHolic
95 Posts
i too have the K&N i used a little hook to fish it out and get to it, i also had a lot of free play and i second "what a difference" i think i have whiplash

·
mudweiser-z71
379 Posts
checked mine today had only a slight ammout of excessive free play..NOTE* In my openion adjusting your freeplay is harder if you have a snorkel kit installed....just my 2 c.

21 - 40 of 149 Posts