Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure most of you with a Turbo S are probably well in tune with your suspension but after taking delivery of mine this past week I went over the suspension before its first ride. So to start with the pre-load was not set to factory specs but not off tremendously. The worst part was the Tender & Main spring ends nearly being lined up together putting the shock spacer at a bind with the shock body on one side. I had to rotate all 4 corners in order to get each spring 180 degrees from each other to keep the spacer straight on the shock body. Figured I'd share in case someone might have missed it on their Turbo S. Mine is the Velocity FYI.

Second picture shows the new alignment on the arrows.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Didn’t even know that was a thing! I just got a Velocity a few weeks ago too. I’ll be sure to check that. Thanks for the tip!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Don't worry about it. After a week, the tender springs will be completely collapsed so really, the problem works itself out... :)

Just kidding (kind of). Good tip.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Can't 'Member.
512 Posts
Mine are out of alignment. Dynamics car. I can jack the car up tomorrow and hopefully remove the lower shock bolt to get things loose enough to square the marks up. Good catch. First ride isn't for a couple of weeks...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just remember that the preload settings assume that your machine isn't carrying any accessories or tools. It's a point of reference but you still want to measure your ride height and adjust accordingly.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Mine are out of alignment. Dynamics car. I can jack the car up tomorrow and hopefully remove the lower shock bolt to get things loose enough to square the marks up. Good catch. First ride isn't for a couple of weeks...
removing the lower bolt won't gain you any more than just lifting the tires off the ground,, just sayin

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Taking the lower bolt out will not help. If you can't spin the springs you will have to loosen preload collar, spin springs to alignment, then hold them while re-setting preload.

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
I don’t understand why this is an issue, I literally just watched a video yesterday that said to mate the spring ends together , so if it’s a thing someone is wrong

4:20
https://youtu.be/JIASbm6O9iw
That would be 0º Spring ends opposite would be 180º Both are good. Any other configuration makes the slider bind and wears the shock bodies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
This is very informative I would’ve never thought of this I thought all I had to do was use the click adjustment knob

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

1 - 18 of 18 Posts