Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new polaris intake, takes air in from between the seats to get clean air, (which is what the aftermarket intakes do) I came up with one of my own. Tired of waiting on polaris. And even with their's you still need a better filter.
This cost less than $50 if you figure in the filter.

I went to the hardware store and bought part of a sink drain that was 1 1/2" x 15" long and a 1/4 x 2" nipple. Cut the flangs off the pipe with a hack saw, cut long end to the length I needed, Cut 2" hole in panel bewteen the seats, drilled a hole in the pipe for the 1/4" nipple put some JB weld on to seal it. I used my K&N filter off my other intake. I have played a lot and for my elevation at apx 3000ft I have ended up at 122/38 for jets and am very happy with it. Although at a different elevation it may be way off.
Here are a couple of pics. The second one it is mounted in the buggy.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pre filter was on the work bench just had not put it on yet. I would like to get an AFE Pro Dry S filter. I think thery are a better filter.

·
Registered
121 Posts
what about going straight up or was the better placement also what about the jetting is it that much better airflow that it's needed hope to order the muzzy exhaust for it soon so want it to be close. and where do you get the jet kits ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
One of the problems with the 170 on the carb was getting dirty air and filters just not working. This is why the after market intake companys went outside of the engine compartment with there filter. The new polaris intake that has been provided during the recall also has the intake opening outside the engine compartment coming out between the seats. Thats why I did it the way I did. If you put on an after market exhaust and redue the intake ,yes you will need to rejet your carb. Stock is a 100 main and a 35 pilot. some have gone as high as a 135 main and 40 pilot and I ran a 132 main and 38 pilot which worked wekk but just was not right fo me the 122/38 seems to work well for my elevation. You may have to experiment some. I got my jets from Jets R Us. If you do a search on this forum some ome had put up some part numbers.

Good luch and have fun.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Awsome job, good thinking. Amazing what ordinary people can come up with
when manufactures are asking $230 bucks for basically the same set up. Who care's if it doesn't look as trick, these are not show vehicales.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts