Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Minot ND Ditch Bangers
73 Posts
You can get a fuel pump on Amazon for $25. Alba racing makes it. Changed it on my 2010 rzr 4 800.
The 2011,2012s have different pumps than the 2008-2010s. Alba only makes one for 2008-2010 not 2011-2012. Also when my fuel pressure tester gets in I will clean out the fuel lines if the test comes out with low PSI. And then retest it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You can get a fuel pump on Amazon for $25. Alba racing makes it. Changed it on my 2010 rzr 4 800.
The 2011,2012s have different pumps than the 2008-2010s. Alba only makes one for 2008-2010 not 2011-2012. Also when my fuel pressure tester gets in I will clean out the fuel lines if the test comes out with low PSI. And then retest it.

Ah bummer, did not know it changed

·
Facilitator of Needs
8 Posts
JC8 what YMM is your RZR? I ask because I ordered the Airtex for my 2012 RZR 900 XP 4 due to ecperiencing the same type of issues. Although, the 2 pumps are completely different in size and configuration. It looks as though I may have to go to the dealer which is going to significantly increase the price of this repair...

·
Registered
72 Posts
JC8 what YMM is your RZR? I ask because I ordered the Airtex for my 2012 RZR 900 XP 4 due to ecperiencing the same type of issues. Although, the 2 pumps are completely different in size and configuration. It looks as though I may have to go to the dealer which is going to significantly increase the price of this repair...
this only works with the 2010 or older models

·
Facilitator of Needs
8 Posts
Thanks Buggzy for the quick reply. I am going to attempt to find an aftermarket replacement. I have been in the parts industry for almost 25 years now and cant believe that no one makes a pump only replacement. Stay tuned....

·
SoAz Rider
8 Posts
I put a new fuel pump in my 2012 RZR 800, $265 from Cheap Cycle Parts. It was the entire unit, level float, sensor, filter, carriage assembly. It was a lot to pay just to replace a bad fuel pump, but now I have a completely new assembly. Don't get me wrong, I need to save money and find a cheaper way to support my habit, but this one I am ok with.

·
Minot ND Ditch Bangers
73 Posts
I put a new fuel pump in my 2012 RZR 800, $265 from Cheap Cycle Parts. It was the entire unit, level float, sensor, filter, carriage assembly. It was a lot to pay just to replace a bad fuel pump, but now I have a completely new assembly. Don't get me wrong, I need to save money and find a cheaper way to support my habit, but this one I am ok with.
Cheap cycle parts is the cheapest place I have found it also. Still waiting on my tester to come in….!!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is great info! Just pulled my pump assembly and 3 of the nut inserts came loose. I see some people use jb weld and someone else just heated the brass insert and stuck it back in. Anyone else just heat the insert? Sounds easyer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've already replaced my pump with the one from Alba on Amazon, but my issue continues. As best I can tell it is the plug getting mud ect in it causing a bad connection. I decided this because if I drive without tha psngr seat and it acts up I can squeeze the plug tight and it picks back up. So.... My ? is has anyone just bypassed the plug and wired it in? or tried a different style plug that's more water tight? Dielectric grease and electrical tape works for a while but fails by the end of a long ride!
Thanks for any advise or ideas.
2009 800 LE

·
Registered
928 Posts
Not sure I would try changing the plug on the pump assembly. You could try to dismantle the harness side plug, clean it, and check the wiring. I have a ton of dielectric grease in the plug and heat shrink around the plugs. Been like that for a couple of years without any issues.

·
Registered
125 Posts
The test set up is very easy to fabricate. I put all the parts you need and how to do it in my post.

Maybe $15 to $20 at most.

Its a great troubleshooting tool when you're looking for a problem, and before you spend a lot of money being a "parts changer".

JMHO

Pirate
Pirate, where do I find you "sticky" on building a fuel pump test for a RZR 800. Where do you connect it?

I have a 2012 and meets all of the symptoms for a bad fuel pump. I cannot find where to people asking about pumps for 2012's was resolved?

Thanks for all your posts. Reno Deano

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The test set up is very easy to fabricate. I put all the parts you need and how to do it in my post.

Maybe $15 to $20 at most.

Its a great troubleshooting tool when you're looking for a problem, and before you spend a lot of money being a "parts changer".

JMHO

Pirate
Pirate, where do I find you "sticky" on building a fuel pump test for a RZR 800. Where do you connect it?

I have a 2012 and meets all of the symptoms for a bad fuel pump. I cannot find where to people asking about pumps for 2012's was resolved?

Thanks for all your posts. Reno Deano
Here is a link to that thread:

http://www.rzrforums.net/engine-drivetrain/104180-fuel-pump-test-setup.html

It is in this forum subject area.

Mike

·
Registered
601 Posts
Had the dreaded fuel pump issue. Followed the procedure johnnycat8 posted here. The brass nutserts were a problem as usual since Polaris chose to use thread locker on the bolts. Four of the six were locked into the nutserts and had to be pried off the fuel tank. Reset them with JB Weld and bought a $14.95 fuel pump off Ebay. Pump now works fine, but would't hold pressure. The pressure regulator failed. Couldn't find a replacement with the same rating of 270 KPa and the part number on the Polaris fuel pump assembly doesn't exist nor is there a cross reference that I was able to find. After a lengthy search I found a similar fuel pressure regulator with a rating of 3 Bar. Turns out 270 KPa is 2.7 Bar. 1 Bar = 14.5 psi, so 3 Bar = 43.5 psi. Not quite 39 psi, but close enough. Part number is 0280160557. Fits a VW Jetta Mk 3/Mk4, 1.8T and 2.0L engine. $34.43 on Amazon Prime. Installed it and now the fuel pressure test yields exactly 43.5 psi. It looks slightly different with a hose barb for the overflow exit, but does not interfere with re-installation.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Had the dreaded fuel pump issue. Followed the procedure johnnycat8 posted here. The brass nutserts were a problem as usual since Polaris chose to use thread locker on the bolts. Four of the six were locked into the nutserts and had to be pried off the fuel tank. Reset them with JB Weld and bought a $14.95 fuel pump off Ebay. Pump now works fine, but would't hold pressure. The pressure regulator failed. Couldn't find a replacement with the same rating of 270 KPa and the part number on the Polaris fuel pump assembly doesn't exist nor is there a cross reference that I was able to find. After a lengthy search I found a similar fuel pressure regulator with a rating of 3 Bar. Turns out 270 KPa is 2.7 Bar. 1 Bar = 14.5 psi, so 3 Bar = 43.5 psi. Not quite 39 psi, but close enough. Part number is 0280160557. Fits a VW Jetta Mk 3/Mk4, 1.8T and 2.0L engine. $34.43 on Amazon Prime. Installed it and now the fuel pressure test yields exactly 43.5 psi. It looks slightly different with a hose barb for the overflow exit, but does not interfere with re-installation.

Ron. Great work ! You're a good man ! My RZR thanks you as well!

241 - 258 of 258 Posts