Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at maybe getting the UTV Giant center seat, but Im hearing that it will not work for those of us that have the 2" center mounted snokels, which is the most common setup. Anyone know for sure if this seat will or will not work with snorkels? I dont wanna pay $700 for a TS bench seat. Also thinking maybe no more often than Ill have my kids riding with me, just to make a seat of sorts using some thick foam padding and the vynl covering. Just form cut the foam to match the contours of the seats and then wrap the vynle covering around the foam and sew it together. I mean it wont be the craftmanship of a store bought one, but it should be good enough to ride your youngins on. Obviously still install a seat belt for the center rider. Anyone ever make a seat? Just curious and brainstorming.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I made ours out of wood and covered it with foam and vinyl. It is pretty strong. Bolted it to the piece behind the shifter and also connected it to the roll bar in the back. For the seat belt we installed 4 point harness for the driver and passenger and used the factory seat belts in their original position and crossed them over behind the other seats to have a very secure center seat belt. Easy to take out and put in.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured there was a way to make your own seat easy enough for a kid to ride in from time to time. What foam did you use? I was reading about motorcycle seats DIY, and they were saying to use a firmer foam on the bottom 3/4 and a softer foam layered on top, then wrap the vynil around it and sew or staple to the ply wood. I think I am going to try this route before spending $250 on center seat that prolly wont work with snorkels and I am def not spending $700 on bench seat. Thanks for the input. Anybody else got ideas or how they did it?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have utvgiant middle seat and snorkels will work but you have to 90 back and then 90 up the only bad thing is that will put it on the other side of the bar in the back

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heck with that. I think it'll be easy enuff just to make my own. A lot cheaper too. Thanks for the input guys!!!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive also tried emailing and calling UTVGiant, but i never got a response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts