Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never really bothered much with being able to see or use my cell phone while riding until the other day. I was getting ready for a ride and was looking at the front of my in car intercom. Saw a port for cell phone , so went grabbed a cable , plugged it into the intercom then the phone and low and behold, I was able to hands free talk on the phone ! I thought that was kind of cool, so now I need a phone mount. Wondering what others use.

I know Ram makes about the best mount, but looking at their X mount, it looks like one of the retaining features would land right on the volume control on my S7.

I fell in love with the mount from Assault industries.....I keep going back to that one , but at $170 it's a hard pill to swallow.

https://assaultind.com/collections/clamping-systems/products/assault-industries-full-metal-cradle?variant=12513704673329

·
Registered
392 Posts
My Ram mount works great. I think I got it for under 40 bucks shipped online. nice thing about the Ram is you can move your phone up or done a little bit so it doesn't hit your buttons. Have yet had my cell pop out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ram x-mount works great for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
634 Posts
I use the Ram mounts.
I transferred over a passenger grab bar mount with the ball base for a GPS into the new ride, and need to get a new "base", which is the ball mount, for my phone. The nice thing is I have the twin ball mount in my truck, I can twist the knob and pull the phone out of the truck and in less than a minute it is in the Rzr.
Once tight I have never had one of them come loose during a hard ride.
If you can find a way to make it work, the Ram stuff is pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I use the Ram mounts.
I transferred over a passenger grab bar mount with the ball base for a GPS into the new ride, and need to get a new "base", which is the ball mount, for my phone. The nice thing is I have the twin ball mount in my truck, I can twist the knob and pull the phone out of the truck and in less than a minute it is in the Rzr.
Once tight I have never had one of them come loose during a hard ride.
If you can find a way to make it work, the Ram stuff is pretty good.
I agree, the Ram stuff is good. I have a mount for my GPS. If Ram made the same type of mount for the phone as they do the GPS I'd for sure go that route. The X mount is the only thing they have for phones. And I just don't like it.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The SlipGrip mount looks like the winner to me. Made here locally. I just need to figure out the mount. I need it to come off the A pillar bar and work with my lock and ride windshield. There is a small gap that a clamp should work.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I have an x-mount on both of my ATVs, 2 in my rzr and 1 on my powered parachute. Although I agree sometimes the holder is positioned near a button on the phone, if you set the phone in the right position it is not a problem. The big thing for me is I have never had a phone fall out. AND another advantage is I can get a new phone and not have to replace the mount. I have been through my last 4 phones and never changed a thing on the RAM.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have an x-mount on both of my ATVs, 2 in my rzr and 1 on my powered parachute. Although I agree sometimes the holder is positioned near a button on the phone, if you set the phone in the right position it is not a problem. The big thing for me is I have never had a phone fall out. AND another advantage is I can get a new phone and not have to replace the mount. I have been through my last 4 phones and never changed a thing on the RAM.

You brought up a good point...different phones. Thanks, I was just about to pull the trigger on the other one.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the Rockform suction cup on the left side of my dash. Works perfectly, I didn’t want something in front of my windshield so was happy I was able to suction hold away from peripheral vision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I’ve just switched over from a phone to a 7” tablet for my GPS. The X grip works great on both. Each of them had one of the grip pieces close to a volume or power button . Just slide the phone/tablet side to side a bit and it will stay put. I also use a silicone case on them for added protection while also getting better grip between the X grip and phone/tablet.

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
have the assault and it is quite the machined piece of aluminum. Really is impressive. However, after using it for some time now, I do have 1 complaint though. The mechanism to get your phone in and out, lifts up and down, spring loaded. As I ride, dust sand get between the 2 pieces of aluminum and it is not as smooth of an operation. I feel like it needs to be lightly lubricated to it moves more freely and/or taken apart and dust cleaned out of it. I haven't tried to take apart yet so don't know how easy it is to do. I will be doing that though soon.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ended up with this. Assault industries clamp, Ram swivel mount and the slipgrip.

Going to swap the swivel extention for just the ram double socket. The swivel seems to have a little bit of movement.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts