Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I recently got a full CEC Enclosure for my XP1000. Everything lines up as expected and fit is excellent. The issue I have is on the rear panel, 2 of the mounting straps land right where the poly sport roof clips onto the bar (photos attached). There is no way to move the rear panel as the fit is spot on. Are these supposed to be clipped around the top bar, OR are they there so you can roll up the rear panel and clip it up like the side doors?

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you figured out the rear panel issue yet?

I can’t decide on the CEC or factory enclosure for our XP4, so definitely intrigued by this.

Did you try contacting CEC as well to ask?
I did and Joe at CEC doesn’t really know either but said since there’s 4 others on top it’s fine so I’m just going to run it. I think I may go to hobby lobby and just add on some straps with buttons to connect and make it work. All around though I’m his enclosure is spot on fit and for the money it’s the best out there. That vinyl is so thick.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Have you figured out the rear panel issue yet?

I can’t decide on the CEC or factory enclosure for our XP4, so definitely intrigued by this.

Did you try contacting CEC as well to ask?
Just my opinion, but I ride with guys that have both, and the Polaris enclosure seems to be of better quality, and more convenient as far as entering and exiting the car. Nothing against CEC, just my thoughts.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just my opinion, but I ride with guys that have both, and the Polaris enclosure seems to be of better quality, and more convenient as far as entering and exiting the car. Nothing against CEC, just my thoughts.
Sure if you want to pay another $350 on top of CEC price. Too lazy to unzip? And CEC runs a better thicker marine vinyl that Polaris. Just saying. That’s $350 towards soemthing else if your not lazy to un zip

·
Registered
97 Posts
TY for the the feedback!!!

The factory enclosure kit is first choice... But I am trying to verify it will work with our UTV Zilla roof (and windshield) since the roof has a slight bend downward along the sides. I just don’t want to buy the Polaris kit and find it won’t close due to the roof. And we don’t want to buy a different roof.

I should say the CEC enclosure is barely the second choice. I have heard great things about their enclosures. If it wasn’t for the slightly easier entrance/exit of the machine. Otherwise we would already have the CEC kit. Especially since you can trailer with the enclosure on!!! Definitely a bonus vs other aftermarket enclosures that state not to exceed 45-50mph...

TY!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sure if you want to pay another $350 on top of CEC price. Too lazy to unzip? And CEC runs a better thicker marine vinyl that Polaris. Just saying. That’s $350 towards soemthing else if your not lazy to un zip
Main reason we are leaning toward the factory is more so in the event we need to get out of the rig quickly.

But then I look at the price difference and want to just order the CEC.... lol

Please keep us posted on your fix.

TY!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Easy man, I’m not ripping on them. I clearly said it’s personal preference. I don’t think unzipping has anything to do with being “lazy”, if it were my money it would go towards a Polaris enclosure. But to each their own.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TY for the the feedback!!!

The factory enclosure kit is first choice... But I am trying to verify it will work with our UTV Zilla roof (and windshield) since the roof has a slight bend downward along the sides. I just don’t want to buy the Polaris kit and find it won’t close due to the roof. And we don’t want to buy a different roof.

I should say the CEC enclosure is barely the second choice. I have heard great things about their enclosures. If it wasn’t for the slightly easier entrance/exit of the machine. Otherwise we would already have the CEC kit. Especially since you can trailer with the enclosure on!!! Definitely a bonus vs other aftermarket enclosures that state not to exceed 45-50mph...

TY!!!
AND it isn't a pain in the ass to install, unlike the Polaris which you have to take the door apart, and I have read there is some fitment issues with it.
I like you can open trailer with the CEC and not have to worry. It works with the UTV ZILLA stuff, and easly to remove for the summer months. Not as permanent at the polaris

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
If you trailer with the cover installed, you are seriously shortening its lifespan.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you trailer with the cover installed, you are seriously shortening its lifespan.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro
My buddy had one in his 2015 and trailered it 3 years before upgrading without a single issue....and joe told me over the phone he just trailered a custom one without a roof 40 miles at highway speed just fine. I think it will do just fine....
I think his enclosure is the best out there other than the overpriced Polaris one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts