Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a CEC enclosure on my 2018 RT and it is awesome!!! I don't do face book and found these guys buy accident after stumbling across a video of this enclosure on a trailer at speed. I got the upper doors and rear all in one kit for the best fit as it all ties together very well. Joe was a big help in getting my kit ordered, but I'll warn you now, they were three weeks behind and this kind of quality takes time. I have not installed the 4 snaps in the bed yet, but totally happy with it covering my click six belts keeping them clean and dry. I have plans to trailer my rig 1,000 miles each way a couple times a year and this video was all I needed to be sold on this enclosure.
https://www.facebook.com/cec.enclosures/videos/70-mph/681599302038649/

You wont be disappointed in the quality. I have had it on for two weeks now and been out and about daily in 20-40 degree temps with rain. Dry, warm and clean inside! The zipper idea didn't feel right at first, but after a couple days you really appreciate how good it works and seals so much better than flimsy door frames. If you can't pay the stupid price of a Hardcab, this is the ticket!

I use a UTVZilla glass windshield, aluminum roof and polaris door inserts to finish it off. I also installed a custom Stratos Heater and after the engine has warmed up good I turn it on low or off. I spent a lot of time sealing up air holes in the front of the cab so colder temps are no problem. I have to turn it off if the sun is out on low speed trails. Love the big windows, open feeling and visibility all the windows provide. There are plans to offer tinted windows in the enclosure, but if you ride any at night I would invest in some sunglasses instead to retain max vision. I may get around to posting pics later, but with all the info and pics on the FB page you can see the quality that goes into this design.

Highly recommend you get the rear section to match for best fit. Watch his install video and get an idea of what you get. I would suggest installing the side top filler panels under the stock plastic visor if you use it. Use some weather striping under windshield frame. Fill in the hidden vents under the visor to roof of your choice with some foam and a good layer on the roof to roll bars make everything fit right and tight. Some effort on the rear door gaps near your rib cage goes a long way to feeling warm and secure inside this enclosure. Some automotive weather striping fixes that easy. Anyway, very happy I discovered CEC. No web page or vendors. They have quality product and those lucky enough will find them. Hope I helped anyone looking for an enclosure. Took me weeks to find what I wanted and no info about them here until now.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just installed a CEC enclosure on my 2018 RT and it is awesome!!! I don't do face book and found these guys buy accident after stumbling across a video of this enclosure on a trailer at speed. I got the upper doors and rear all in one kit for the best fit as it all ties together very well. Joe was a big help in getting my kit ordered, but I'll warn you now, they were three weeks behind and this kind of quality takes time. I have not installed the 4 snaps in the bed yet, but totally happy with it covering my click six belts keeping them clean and dry. I have plans to trailer my rig 1,000 miles each way a couple times a year and this video was all I needed to be sold on this enclosure.

https://www.facebook.com/cec.enclosures/videos/70-mph/681599302038649/

You wont be disappointed in the quality. I have had it on for two weeks now and been out and about daily in 20-40 degree temps with rain. Dry, warm and clean inside! The zipper idea didn't feel right at first, but after a couple days you really appreciate how good it works and seals so much better than flimsy door frames. If you can't pay the stupid price of a Hardcab, this is the ticket!

I use a UTVZilla glass windshield, aluminum roof and polaris door inserts to finish it off. I also installed a custom Stratos Heater and after the engine has warmed up good I turn it on low or off. I spent a lot of time sealing up air holes in the front of the cab so colder temps are no problem. I have to turn it off if the sun is out on low speed trails. Love the big windows, open feeling and visibility all the windows provide. There are plans to offer tinted windows in the enclosure, but if you ride any at night I would invest in some sunglasses instead to retain max vision. I may get around to posting pics later, but with all the info and pics on the FB page you can see the quality that goes into this design.

Highly recommend you get the rear section to match for best fit. Watch his install video and get an idea of what you get. I would suggest installing the side top filler panels under the stock plastic visor if you use it. Use some weather striping under windshield frame. Fill in the hidden vents under the visor to roof of your choice with some foam and a good layer on the roof to roll bars make everything fit right and tight. Some effort on the rear door gaps near your rib cage goes a long way to feeling warm and secure inside this enclosure. Some automotive weather striping fixes that easy. Anyway, very happy I discovered CEC. No web page or vendors. They have quality product and those lucky enough will find them. Hope I helped anyone looking for an enclosure. Took me weeks to find what I wanted and no info about them here until now.

Been looking at getting an enclosure for my 18 TRE as well.... What you pay if you don’t mind me asking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Military discount and Christmas present from the wife. I think it was $450 delivered, but only she knows. Yesterday she rode with me about 20 minutes. We didn't roll 10 feet before she said, "It was worth every penny!" The only thing she likes more is the custom Stratos Heater install. I'll have to do a post on that sometime. Impressive modular design. Anyway, get an enclosure. It makes cold and wet weather a reason to go for a ride :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks bud..... I live in North Dakota and plow snow a lot with my machine. An enclosure would be money well spent!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a CEC enclosure and am wondering how hard they are to clean. It looks like the black material is a vinyl type, so mud should slide off easily. Just wondering if anyone could say anything about their experience. I know the clear part has to get sprayed with mud in the Fall and Spring.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
1 Year Review CEC Cab Enclosure

So it's been nearly a year since I installed this enclosure. I learned a lot during continuous use nearly everyday all summer. I put over 1200 miles on my RZR this year. Mostly in Colorado this summer and it was outside on my trailer or sitting at camp when not used. It didn't see much mud. It was covered in dirt often with consecutive days of use between washes. I did make efforts to wipe the windows off most days before rolling the door windows back until needed. The rear window had tree sap on it often and never is 100% clean after washing. It might be cleaner if buffed on a table with a towel under it, but I use it as is. The side windows did encounter brush and a few trees that left scratches and tree sap from scraps on some very technical trails in remote areas where the cage made light contact. They are still very very clear with good vision when clean.

The good:
It took me about one day to get used to the zipper being part of the entry exit and I have used the heck out of it without problems. My favorite thing about the enclosure is keeping my interior clean and dry when parked anywhere. Next best thing about it was that when it started raining or was cold on the late runs back to camp, it only took seconds to unsnap the rolled back window and zip in for a dry and warm spot. Did I mention the dry seat waiting for me even if I left my RZR sitting out in the rain with windows zipped :)
Edit/Add: I forgot to add a very important feature that stood out about the enclosure. This enclosure was hauled over 2500 miles on an open trailer this year. The first 150 miles it was just a standard open utility trailer. It was loaded with glass windshield facing forward and windows were zipped up during transport. All vents closed. After that I built a bunk box on the front of trailer and this deflected much of the wind. Even so, I think the enclosure is one of the few that can withstand wind speed on an open trailer. Just use some common sense and it does great facing forward.

Cleaning:
The best way to keep the windows clean and clear is to wash them with soft brush and soap of your choice. Then use Plexus with microfiber towels inside and out for clean and clear vision. It's like wax for vinyl windows and last a long time. Always use microfiber towels to buff them til clear. I cleaned them daily as needed and the back panel got wiped off with a towel daily when dust was really bad. Only used more Plexus after washing and makes cleaning so easy next time.

The Bad:
The snaps are installed on the doors and body with screws, so you do put a few holes in places that most people don't like on a new machine. I got over that after the first ride. The only problem this year has been on hot days where a couple of screws pulled through the plastic when I unsnapped the windows and rolled them back. Not much holding them on and the tighter snaps or ones that get dirt in them might cause extra force to unsnap and pull screws out when plastic is hot/soft.. The fix for me is to use either small bolts and washers or aluminum rivets. I have not decided yet, but my cover is staying on year round and I will deal with that.

Final thoughts:
I would buy this again. I'm using some 303 treatment on the black part of the enclosure. I see minor discoloration of the zipper and material from sun, but nothing to be concerned about. I need to fix the snaps that pulled through. The material is a little stiff when cold, but it works great and I know it will last a long time. For all the good reasons listed I will be leaving this on year round. It's that good for my use. This rig replaced my Jeep and the enclosure made it an all weather machine with heat and defrost for my glass windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 Year Review CEC Cab Enclosure

So it's been nearly a year since I installed this enclosure. I learned a lot during continuous use nearly everyday all summer. I put over 1200 miles on my RZR this year. Mostly in Colorado this summer and it was outside on my trailer or sitting at camp when not used. It didn't see much mud. It was covered in dirt often with consecutive days of use between washes. I did make efforts to wipe the windows off most days before rolling the door windows back until needed. The rear window had tree sap on it often and never is 100% clean after washing. It might be cleaner if buffed on a table with a towel under it, but I use it as is. The side windows did encounter brush and a few trees that left scratches and tree sap from scraps on some very technical trails in remote areas where the cage made light contact. They are still very very clear with good vision when clean.

The good:
It took me about one day to get used to the zipper being part of the entry exit and I have used the heck out of it without problems. My favorite thing about the enclosure is keeping my interior clean and dry when parked anywhere. Next best thing about it was that when it started raining or was cold on the late runs back to camp, it only took seconds to unsnap the rolled back window and zip in for a dry and warm spot. Did I mention the dry seat waiting for me even if I left my RZR sitting out in the rain with windows zipped :)
Edit/Add: I forgot to add a very important feature that stood out about the enclosure. This enclosure was hauled over 2500 miles on an open trailer this year. The first 150 miles it was just a standard open utility trailer. It was loaded with glass windshield facing forward and windows were zipped up during transport. All vents closed. After that I built a bunk box on the front of trailer and this deflected much of the wind. Even so, I think the enclosure is one of the few that can withstand wind speed on an open trailer. Just use some common sense and it does great facing forward.

Cleaning:
The best way to keep the windows clean and clear is to wash them with soft brush and soap of your choice. Then use Plexus with microfiber towels inside and out for clean and clear vision. It's like wax for vinyl windows and last a long time. Always use microfiber towels to buff them til clear. I cleaned them daily as needed and the back panel got wiped off with a towel daily when dust was really bad. Only used more Plexus after washing and makes cleaning so easy next time.

The Bad:
The snaps are installed on the doors and body with screws, so you do put a few holes in places that most people don't like on a new machine. I got over that after the first ride. The only problem this year has been on hot days where a couple of screws pulled through the plastic when I unsnapped the windows and rolled them back. Not much holding them on and the tighter snaps or ones that get dirt in them might cause extra force to unsnap and pull screws out when plastic is hot/soft.. The fix for me is to use either small bolts and washers or aluminum rivets. I have not decided yet, but my cover is staying on year round and I will deal with that.

Final thoughts:
I would buy this again. I'm using some 303 treatment on the black part of the enclosure. I see minor discoloration of the zipper and material from sun, but nothing to be concerned about. I need to fix the snaps that pulled through. The material is a little stiff when cold, but it works great and I know it will last a long time. For all the good reasons listed I will be leaving this on year round. It's that good for my use. This rig replaced my Jeep and the enclosure made it an all weather machine with heat and defrost for my glass windshield.

Thank you for the great information! I ordered one today, and I'm looking forward to using it here in Michigan. If I may ask--do you find that a defroster is a "must have"? It does make sense. If yes, what are you using and where did you get it? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you got one. It's a good setup IMO. The only issue I addressed this year is some of the door snaps pulled out of the plastic on a hot day. I made some custom aluminum nuts and was able to use the original screws with loctite to fix it. CEC has the snaps with bolts/nuts available now, but hard to get. We just used them on 2020 RS1 enclosure last week. takes more effort to install as removing some body panels to add the nut is required. Permanent solution though.

My windows have been through a lot of scuffs from trees and dirt, but still look good after washing and applying Plexus again. I use it on my glass windshield as well, but its designed for aircraft windows. Using 303 to protect the black material from UV, but only use it 2 times a year. No time in summer months while I'm using RZR for long trips and often driving it daily in Colorado mountains. Racking up miles and washing only for maintenance.

As for defrost. It will fog up like your car when it rains or temps drop. That will restrict visibility at times. Your best bet is a heater with defrost. Most of them like the Polaris OEM unit include the stuff for defrost. I did a thread on the Stratos Heater I custom installed. I didn't like the Polaris one myself because it required cutting into the dry box on my 2018. Lot of options out there so shop around. I'm sure the Polaris unit is the easy one to install.

Stratos won me over with detailed videos of how the systems worked. I'm a detailed mechanical thinker and that detail of the system was what I like. Then I customized the install for my needs. Recommend you installed a manual cut off valve to avoid radiant heat from it in summer. Heater and enclosure has been great for over 2,200+ miles now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad you got one. It's a good setup IMO. The only issue I addressed this year is some of the door snaps pulled out of the plastic on a hot day. I made some custom aluminum nuts and was able to use the original screws with loctite to fix it. CEC has the snaps with bolts/nuts available now, but hard to get. We just used them on 2020 RS1 enclosure last week. takes more effort to install as removing some body panels to add the nut is required. Permanent solution though.

My windows have been through a lot of scuffs from trees and dirt, but still look good after washing and applying Plexus again. I use it on my glass windshield as well, but its designed for aircraft windows. Using 303 to protect the black material from UV, but only use it 2 times a year. No time in summer months while I'm using RZR for long trips and often driving it daily in Colorado mountains. Racking up miles and washing only for maintenance.

As for defrost. It will fog up like your car when it rains or temps drop. That will restrict visibility at times. Your best bet is a heater with defrost. Most of them like the Polaris OEM unit include the stuff for defrost. I did a thread on the Stratos Heater I custom installed. I didn't like the Polaris one myself because it required cutting into the dry box on my 2018. Lot of options out there so shop around. I'm sure the Polaris unit is the easy one to install.

Stratos won me over with detailed videos of how the systems worked. I'm a detailed mechanical thinker and that detail of the system was what I like. Then I customized the install for my needs. Recommend you installed a manual cut off valve to avoid radiant heat from it in summer. Heater and enclosure has been great for over 2,200+ miles now.

Thank you! I very much appreciate you sharing your experience, will everything you have mentioned. No replacement for real life experience. Take care, and stay safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts