Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running a catch can or oil separator on there Pro yet? Wondering about clearance above valve cover for fittings. My rig is 5 hours away from me right now. Was looking at the ALBA fitting just not sure how much room I have.

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
You dont have to route it back to the valve cover . If you use a good air oil separator you can route it back to the intake without worrying about getting oil in your intake track or intercooler...this way you still utilize some of the scavenging effect.
If you do want to route it to your valve cover then I would look at the EVO separator ....way expensive but nice

If you want to save some money and get great results ...check out this thread .

Reactions: BondoMan

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You dont have to route it back to the valve cover . If you use a good air oil separator you can route it back to the intake without worrying about getting oil in your intake track or intercooler...this way you still utilize some of the scavenging effect.
If you do want to route it to your valve cover then I would look at the EVO separator ....way expensive but nice

If you want to save some money and get great results ...check out this thread .
Not sure I am following how you wouldnt have to go back to the top of the valve cover. The EVP kit you showed goes back to VC as well. Maybe I am over thinking. Also just an FYI, I have read that 2nd link you posted before, and I was able to find that same separator on amazon for less the $50 if anyone is looking.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Also just an FYI, I have read that 2nd link you posted before, and I was able to find that same separator on amazon for less the $50 if anyone is looking.
You found a generic knock-off for that price, not the same thing.

Read the article I wrote and it explains why you want it routed to the intake side.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You found a generic knock-off for that price, not the same thing.

Read the article I wrote and it explains why you want it routed to the intake side.
ok. I gotta get my eyes on my machine so I can follow the dots. Appreciate the help

·
Registered
136 Posts
i'm running an AA catch can, it sits above the drivers rear, i just reach up and open the valve and drain it into a small cup or whatever i have handy. no need to fight with trying to route it back to the engine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I guess I had it in my mind that an inline separator style setup would be a better system than a catch can. Sounds like most of you just run a catch can.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
Well I guess I had it in my mind that an inline separator style setup would be a better system than a catch can. Sounds like most of you just run a catch can.
It is better and you should read the article I wrote.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is better and you should read the article I wrote.

found a good youtube install vid. Becoming more clear now. Appreciate your help. Without having my eyes on my RZR i was struggling to visualize the routing. Was overthinking it of course lol

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Not sure I am following how you wouldnt have to go back to the top of the valve cover. The EVP kit you showed goes back to VC as well. Maybe I am over thinking. Also just an FYI, I have read that 2nd link you posted before, and I was able to find that same separator on amazon for less the $50 if anyone is looking.
That $50 listing is the replacement filter.

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
i'm running an AA catch can, it sits above the drivers rear, i just reach up and open the valve and drain it into a small cup or whatever i have handy. no need to fight with trying to route it back to the engine.
I'm pretty sure that aa catch can for the pro is part of their aluminum j-pipe. Pretty sure there is a port going to the pipe for scavenging affect.

·
Premium Member
3,599 Posts
@fastman-99 A catch can unlike a air oil separator will still let oil vapor into the intake. This will cover your sensors and intercooler in oil residue and reduce intake charge efficiency

Reactions: fastman-99

·
Registered
39 Posts
found a good youtube install vid. Becoming more clear now. Appreciate your help. Without having my eyes on my RZR i was struggling to visualize the routing. Was overthinking it of course lol
Can you put the link up for that vid? Thanks mate.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm pretty sure that aa catch can for the pro is part of their aluminum j-pipe. Pretty sure there is a port going to the pipe for scavenging affect.
Not that I've seen... it's got a small boost reference line that goes up to the boost controller, otherwise just the 1" line going to the can.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts