Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
RWB have you tried using new castle nuts? maybe the threads on the old ones are worn or stretched a bit from being torqued many times, also if you use a washer that is too thick that gets torqued to 180 it will cause extra wear on your bearings. Wheel spacers will add a bit of extra load on them as well, did you have issues before the wheel spacers where added?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,085 Posts
RWB have you tried using new castle nuts? maybe the threads on the old ones are worn or stretched a bit from being torqued many times, also if you use a washer that is too thick that gets torqued to 180 it will cause extra wear on your bearings. Wheel spacers will add a bit of extra load on them as well, did you have issues before the wheel spacers where added?
Done new castle nuts, tried 120 ft lb, tried 180 ft lb, had issue before the spacers too. Factory torque spec is still 180 on the newer style with the thick washers tho ( which mine came with ).

Gonna do new bearings, castle nuts, washers, torque to 120, and use Orange loc tite this time... if it still does it....I’m gonna try these next time, hadn’t seen ( or remembered seeing them ) before last night

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Hess makes some good stuff.....I wish I had seen those before I bought the 2018 + Pol HD washers...

·
Premium Member
7,403 Posts
Gonna do new bearings, castle nuts, washers, torque to 120, and use Orange loc tite this time... if it still does it....I’m gonna try these next time, hadn’t seen ( or remembered seeing them ) before last night
Hmmmm, hadn't seen those. Interesting. Wonder how those hardened steel pins will interface with the axle when the nut backs off... I do think they're way overpriced; the stock axle nuts are $2.50 each, mail order. Those are $60 for 2.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,085 Posts
Hmmmm, hadn't seen those. Interesting. Wonder how those hardened steel pins will interface with the axle when the nut backs off... I do think they're way overpriced; the stock axle nuts are $2.50 each, mail order. Those are $60 for 2.
I don’t disagree about the over priced part lol.

I’m curious about the pins too... at least a cotter pin will bend and wedge in the nut, those pins would just shear.... but I trust Hess’ judgement, they build some good stuff.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Done new castle nuts, tried 120 ft lb, tried 180 ft lb, had issue before the spacers too. Factory torque spec is still 180 on the newer style with the thick washers tho ( which mine came with ).

To bad they aren’t a authorized vendor here.

It would be nice to hear to directly from the manufacturer about these. Oh well. Rules are rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
3,085 Posts
To bad they aren’t a authorized vendor here.

It would be nice to hear to directly from the manufacturer about these. Oh well. Rules are rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Lol, was that your brother or somethin? That really struck a nerve with you

41 - 47 of 47 Posts