Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting in a Cargo Box or Bag for tools and items. I have been looking at the Kimpex Expedition Sport Box. and Tusk Modular UTV Storage Pack in my 900 Trail. I also plan on mounting a Tusk spare tire carrier. My concerns are full access to the cargo box, I can't stand having to hold the lid open half way and squeezing stuff in and out. Anyone have any experience with the Tusk spare tire carrier design and Cargo boxes. https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/1018/73441/Tusk-Spare-Tire-Carrier-
Due to Toy Hauler restraints I cannot have anything extend past the back of the 900 which just fits with an inch to spare.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Tusk spare tire carrier on my 900s. I opted for a Ryfab cargo box, they are not cheap, but it is by far the best accessory I have purchased. It’s waterproof, built like a tank, tons of space and it locks. The spare tire carrier does limit how far the lid opens, but you have enough clearance to get things in and out. The Ryfab box has struts that hold the lid up, no worries about holding it open. The lid hits the tire when open, not the mount, so there is no metal on metal contact.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I will also add, FYI, you have to purchase the mounting plungers separately. You need 4 of them. I ordered from RM ATV/MC and it was some confusing on their site if they came with the box. They do not and must be ordered separately.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warning, I did notice that in the reviews. Everything arrived yesterday doing the install today

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tailgunner, nice looking box. I was wondering if anyone using the Kimpex Sport box with Click 6 seatbelts? Do the belt mounting boxes on the rear bar interfere with full lid opening?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Was wondering if the full opening of the lid is interfered with the Click 6 boxes that are mounted on my rear bar and if so how much does it keep the lid from opening all the way. Great looking box. Let us know how you like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Don't make the mistake I did. RYFAB diamond plate lock box & RAZORBACK full enclosed rack. Now I can't get to my air cleaner without dismantling the rack.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have used this same box ( Montana Jacks) on my ATV's for years and use it now on my UTV.
Never has leaked and keeps the dust out. Very strong.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Click-6 harness and Kimpex 78L box. They do not interfere with each other.

Amazon used to sell a kit which comes with two quick-attach's. But Amazon is out of stock at this time. You can only use the quick-attach on the inside fastners for the outside you will need the Polaris lock & ride tie down anchors...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M9G1Y94/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kimpex has a friction bump moulded into the lid to hold it up.

Give me a few minutes while I take pictures and get model# of gas can that fits.

F! Why is it so hard to post a image into forums?!?! We put a man on the moon 30+ years ago but you still can't do a simple copy-paste of an image into your post!

Here is the gas can that will fit the top of the Kimpex box. Only the one gallon model will fit inside the rails. The two gallon overhangs but can still be bungied down.

One gallon

Two gallon

·
Registered
27 Posts
Jemco Cargo Boxes work with click 6 harness

FREE SHIPPING IN THE LOWER 48!!!

CUSTOM FIT... SO NO WASTED SPACE!!!

LESS $$$ AND MORE CAPACITY THAN MOST ALUMINUM BOXES !!!

visit us at www.jemcocargobox.com

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts