Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

cargo bay solution

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  rrzzr 
#1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Vehicle Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Hood Automotive design
the subject comes up often enough about how to stow cargo so i finally got some pics of my solution to share. i did not want to spend money on an expensive and necessarily size limiting storage container that would be a permanent fixture on my rzr4. the back end is already heavy enough and the last thing i want to do is add weight there. so my cheap solution was to get these eye plugs; the cargo bay has holes designed for them. i didn't get polaris eyes, i just got a set with good reviews on amazon. this allows me to carry as much or little as i wish in gear bags, strapped down. if i want to transport rocks or anything else it's easy, just take out the gear bags. full disclaimer: this isn't going to be as easy as a cargo box. it takes a few minutes to tie everything down or access the gear. however, i feel the flexibility it affords is worth that small hassle and there seems to be no limit to my cargo options. one bag with tools, one with winch, conpressor, extraction and survival gear and another bag with food/water, jackets, bikinis/towels, etc. the big hd-husky bags are perfect for this. if you go this route, don't just hand tighten the eyes to the rzr (a 1-time installation task) but put a screwdriver in each eye for leverage to tighten down so they won't yank out. then put a hook in every eye when securing gear. being a cheap and quick solution you won't be out much if you decide to go full princess on a bulletproof designer luggage container. 😉

See less See more
#3 ·
mainly weight and collapsable shape factor. but now that i think about it, transporting them must have been a subconscious driver as well. i use my van to haul and camp. the gear bags go directly on my mattress so it has to be a lot easier to be able to just throw several gear bags in since a hard box might tear the bedding while dragging it in/out.

#12 ·
i discovered that my driving style precludes the use of a cargo net when i lost a bag once. fortunately we retrieved it but now it's overkill with the tie-downs. gotta do what works for you and that net is a nice solution.

#15 ·
I put a Jemco cargo box in my Turbo S and am super happy with it. Definitely the best box available to give you the most storage space in the bed and the fitment is spot on. Tons of room inside for all my gear, tools, and a soft cooler.

I’ve had the Ridgid box and Ozark cooler setup in the past and have also had a Super ATV box as well and the Jemco is a better solution for storage space in my opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.