Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2014 rzr xp 1000 with walker evans shocks i cant remove to belt cover without pulling the shock is there a way to remove the cover without remove shock?

·
Registered
154 Posts
It will come out without removing the shock it’s just a takes a bit of practice to find the right way.

It’s also much easier to do with the machine sitting on the ground as there’s more clearance between the shock and cover. If you have it jacked up the radius rods pull the shock closer to the cover.

·
Registered
632 Posts
ive got a 2014 rzr xp 1000 with walker evans shocks i cant remove to belt cover without pulling the shock is there a way to remove the cover without remove shock?
1st off make sure you don't Jack the car up in the air 2nd unbolt the cover pull it out as far as you can then rotate the back of a cover in about the one o'clock position and just yank it straight back

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Take mine off regularly for clutch cleaning/inspection. It can be a little tight, but it’ll come off.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It’s just a puzzle. It comes off, just takes a bit to figure out the puzzle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I wonder if the fact that the person I bought it off raised the unit by adjusting the shocks all the way maybe if I set shocks to OEM levels

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well I wonder if the fact that the person I bought it off raised the unit by adjusting the shocks all the way maybe if I set shocks to OEM levels
You’ll want it set at OEM height anyway. It will ride much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah first ride it almost rolled on its side i ordered the shock adjuster wrench will lower it

·
Registered
304 Posts
If jacked up, you have to move the shock. If on the ground, it will come out. Its just a matter of finding that secret angle. Once you figure it out you will never forget.

Reactions: White Lightning 19

·
Registered
24 Posts
It also helps to have the primary clutch in the right position, spin it by hand to find the sweet spot. Provides clearance for the front of the cover to come back and down while the rear of the cover goes back and up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts