Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a fix for this tires keep going flat. tried breaking the bead and cleaning it out and running a higher pressure in the tires but no luck. Rims and tires only have 2 rides on them.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Anyone got a fix for this tires keep going flat. tried breaking the bead and cleaning it out and running a higher pressure in the tires but no luck. Rims and tires only have 2 rides on them.
What wheels and tires are you running? Some tires are just prone to flats from having weak sidewalls. The Maxxis Zilla and and various sizes of the SuperATV Terminators are some examples.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I Have 32" terms on 14" sti hd rims.
What psi are you running? I eventually went to beadlocks wheels to keep this from happening. I was in your same predicament. Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Terminators. Try running at least 13 psi and see how they do. Good luck.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I Have 32" terms on 14" sti hd rims.
What psi are you running? I eventually went to beadlocks wheels to keep this from happening. I was in your same predicament. Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Terminators. Try running at least 13 psi and see how they do. Good luck.
Thats what i was running them at and still had the problem. Guess it's time to start looking for beadlocks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I kept pulling my tire off the rim when I was running 30" Roctanes with 17" Wheels. I found some liquid type rubber at ORiely's. I put some of that around the bead of the tire before mounting it on the wheel, then started running 22psi un th tires. Yes that is quite a lot of air. But I haven't had another issue since. My problem wasn't spinning it off the rim as bad as it was going into some ruts that were made by bikes with less travel width than mine, and it would push them off the wheels. Good luck with yours

·
Go Big or Go Home!
1,653 Posts
Beadlocks would be the best solution, I haven't had an issue on the rzr but I had issues in the past and thats how I stopped it. You probably just need the out style beadlock, Unless you are having issues with it on the inside of the rim two? I only had issues on the outside when I did have issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agreed on the Beadlocks. For sure I would imagine that is the best route to take. I just hate having to pay that much. Were I ride it is mostly mud, woods, and hills. No rocky type landscape in Mississippi. BTW, I also like the looks of the Beadlocks

·
Registered
569 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have 31" outlaw originals on sti hd3 on the rzr and same set of tires on some remington wheels on my other bike and they will leak down from just not wanting to seal at the bead. I run like 12-14 lbs and i slime the tires and it works like a charm

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have sprayed hair spay on bead of tire and rim before seating bead in the past. It worked for me. It does make it hard to take the tire off the rim sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts