Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the titlw says I cant figure out what is wrong with my 2009 rzr. I got it with a bad crank replaced it and put 12-1 je pistons in it while i was in there. Now if it is warm out 60 degrees and above it usually starts right up now if it is cold I have got to fight with it to get started. I try to start it up it starts then dies then when i try to start it again it idles like its on one cylinder then dies i do this about 10 times or till I get the rpms above 2800. and usually everyother time it acts like its going to start the dies and when i try to start it again it has zero compression turns over a million miles an hour. So i let it sit for a minute and try it again has compression and starts right up wtf. It does not burn any oil and runs absolutely perfect once its warm some help please.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I had a very similar problem and it turned out something in my dynatek was causing the problem. I also noticed that i have no voltage going to my tp sensor. Do you have any type of ignition box that taps into the crank and tps?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Try checking the output voltage of the TPS .710-3.98 +\- .35 or so..there is a spec for it google it thats what i did...oh and also check the T-Bap sensor but if it was bad it woul throw a check light. Possibly a fuel pressure issue so check pressure at the rail when this happens should be 39-42psi if not replace the pump.

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
their has been sevrall rzr that the oil pres relif sticks this causes one of two things the valves sty closed or stuck open untill it warms up some take the prv valve apart and make sure its installed correctley or stuck..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too have seen the oil pressur dowel become stuck as well, however I have not seen it cause idle or drivability issues. On the other hand I have seen it destroy motors ;) I have two sitting in my shop with damage from a bad oil pressure dowel/plug being stuck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts