Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XPT
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that would get peoples attention. To make this RZR related, my goal it to be in the seat of my RZR on Jan 1st. Plas right now are that I am going to have radical prostate surgury on November 12th. Prospect are good, time will tell. I didn't know where the proper place to post this was, but if it gets just 1 of you guys to get your PSA tested it is worth it.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
cancer
wayne thats the one word nobody wants to hear,
keep your chin up my friend
yes you will beat this,
here is my moto
everybody fights nobody quits
and i don,t like it
but i have my prostrate and a colonospathy exam done every year,
you will be in our thoughts and prayers:)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Your already doing well by looking past this. My prayers go out to you and your family and hope for a very quick recovery so you can get back in the saddle. Keep your head up brother!!!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Wayne: My family and I are praying for you.. Stay close to family and friends you will get through this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
We will certainly lift you up in prayer! Isa 53:5 ...with his stripes we are healed.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
God be with you neighbor. Prostate cancer is one of the "easiest" to beat when you catch it early. You will do it and the RZR will be waiting for you.

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Prayers are sent buddy. Please keep us posted. I had an exam bout 4 years ago.. I believe its time for another

·
Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Thought that would get peoples attention. To make this RZR related, my goal it to be in the seat of my RZR on Jan 1st. Plas right now are that I am going to have radical prostate surgury on November 12th. Prospect are good, time will tell. I didn't know where the proper place to post this was, but if it gets just 1 of you guys to get your PSA tested it is worth it.
My father had his prostate removed two years ago and is healthy and cancer FREE.... you will be in our prayers, believe you can beat this and you WILL!

Chris
Devious PowerSports

·
Registered
203 Posts
Good luck dude!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Good luck buddy...all the guys at Yoshimura will be pullin' for you. If you or your family need anything let us know....we are pretty good at making it happen when it needs to get done..

·
Premium Member
2019 RZR XPT
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey, I'm a sticky... I will keep people informed. It started out with a physical last spring (shoulder has been bothering me). I was informed my PSA was 7.3. Someone my age should be below 4. I had it retested a month later. It was 7.4. A biopsy was done 2 weeks ago last friday. A week ago last friday we got the results. I had a Gleason score of 7. I am what the call "Intermediate". If I was younger, they say yank it out. If I was older, something else would do me in with 15 years so treat it. I have chosen to yank it out. My daughter just got married 4 weeks ago. My son got engaged last Saturday. I have grandkids sometime in the future to spoil.

Tomorrow I go in for a 2nd opinion and a pre-op physical. Oct 15th is my last day of work for the year. I have 4 weeks of vacation to burn up so hunting for a week here in October, then a 5 or 6 day drive in my Mustang through New Mexico. Arizona, maybe Nevada, and Utah the first week of November.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Hey my man, chin up and things will go well. I went through pretty much the exact same thing as your facing - about six years ago. All is still good for me as will be for you too. After going through the surgery and 35, or so, radiation treatments I retired at 62 and bought my RZR. You certainly have my thoughts and support as you move on with all those things you enjoy. :)
Sincerely
Ken

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
thoughts and prayers are with you.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Good luck.
It sounds like you've done your homework and have made an informed decision.
Smart Move.

Your trips sound like they'll be exciting.
Use that time to relax.

You've got a lot of people here pulling for you.

You're in our thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had that done when I was 55 and just had my 63rd. birthday and I'm still Cancer free and looking forward to a November ride in the Ozarks. My wife and I put 700 miles on our RZR-S in the Mountains around Taylor Park and Buena Vista, Co. this summer, stay positive and live a full and happy life. may God bless you and your family.

Mustangs , I have had a 1966,1967,1986, and a 1996 Saleen Speedster.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts