Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at upgrading my tires from what came factory to some swamplite 27X9X12 front and 27X10X12 rear... Can I do this without having to do a lift or spacers? sorry if its a dumb question, I'm new to the atv/utv stuff. Did a search but didn't come up with much. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I believe you will need spacers or you will hit the motor mounts. Or if you got a rim an tire combo with the correct off set. Someone will chime in soon I just got into the rzr game I was big Into atv's but slowly learning as much as I can about the rzr.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I went with 27"
Had to install a 2" lift 1" spacers and hot iron inside fender to bend in a little.

·
Registered
249 Posts
i am running 27 inch swamp lites. rear is stock, no issue, front needed to jack stock springs to hardest setting. I am not running stock wheels. ride is still good though and they only rub a little on full lock and two people in machine. However, I do not recommend the swamp lites as they are wearing very quickly. they are an awesome tire and go anywhere, very good traction, but i do not believe they will last very long.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was trying to avoid spending the extra money not using spacers if i was able to that's why I mentioned the 27" tires... Truly wanted to go bigger than that, so if I gotta spend the money anyways might as well get the size I want. 3" lift with 28 or 29" swamp lites, What would you suggest for spacer sizes and I wouldn't have to upgrade axels with that would I?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Well, 27"s will fit with only 4+3 offset wheels. No lift, but this varies. If you want to run stock wheels, you will need spacers for sure. For anything bigger in tire sizes, 1.5" spacers work great with 4+3 offset wheels and a lift. As far as axles, Im still running stock axles with 30"s. But, I know a lot have to upgrade to better axles. I guess it depends on your riding style.

·
Registered
312 Posts
However, I do not recommend the swamp lites as they are wearing very quickly. they are an awesome tire and go anywhere, very good traction, but i do not believe they will last very long.
Thats interesting. My friend has run his swamp lites for 2 1/2 years and over 4000 miles and they still look like new!. They do not run on the hard concrete or asphalt at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.