Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an 08 standard rzr 800. Guy says it has a 3" lift but wasn't sure what kind. It has 28" s/w outlaws when I got it so I sold them and bought 29.5 skinny outlaws on MSA Nukes. They do rub at full lock just a little on the floorboards. I am waiting to get forward control arms when they get more in stock to fix that issue. My question is this. I'm sure the springs have some sag in them being an 08. Could I run a small spring spacer with the 3" lift I currently have? The lift I have is a bracket that bolts to the bottom of the shock. From reading it more than likely only gave me an 1 1/2" of lift, maybe 2" at the very most. I would like to do a spring spacer just until I can get the forward arms.
When I picked it up:

Now:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Yea you can it's just gonna ride like a wagon, buddy of mine done it to his with the 3" extreme. They lasted about 2 rides and he threw them away said it wasn't worth the rub. You might look into a floorboard kit from highlifter, that's what I have on mine no rubbing at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I knew it would ride a little stiffer. The ride with the 28" outlaws was horrible, with the 29.5's it is so much smoother. I mean yes at slow speeds its rough due to the lugs. May give the spacers a try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts