Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Polaris RZR 900 XP4 and it does not have power steering. However I have an OEM power steering motor PN 2411826 SN 14-042-0132 and the mounting bracket and steering linkage. I looked everywhere and it does not look like my RZR was pre wired for power steering as I cannot find the 2 plugs for the motor. Is there a wiring harness or plug in kit available so I can use this power steering kit with my RZR or am I better off buying one of the aftermarket kits that come with everything? Thank you

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
If I remember correctly, black goes to a good ground and the red goes to the hot side of the ignition switch. Only need a few wire connectors to accomplish that. If you have everything else go for it. Will love the difference.

·
Registered
63 Posts
there is a wiring harness needed i just went through this with mine. The OEM kit is Polaris p/n 2878522:You need the harness from this kit p/n 2411648. The harness from polaris is roughly $600 (not a misprint). Best bet is throw a message somewhere on the forum and see if someone wants to part ways with one

Mine was not prewired either. That harness makes it plug and play!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is a pic of the where the wiring harness should plug in on the power steering motor. Are you saying I can just run power and ground without the other connections?

Attachments

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here is a pic of the where the wiring harness should plug in on the power steering motor. Are you saying I can just run power and ground without the other connections?
No you need the CAN buss connection as well. You don’t need a new harness. I cut the the plug off of another harness and then paralleled it in at the speedo. If you can find the wiring diagram you can see how the CAN buss system wires.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I installed the factory kit on my 2013 900. Like others have said. The harness just Y-ed into the factory CAN buss or data connector up front. I would imagine you could make the harness like others have said.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No you need the CAN buss connection as well. You don’t need a new harness. I cut the the plug off of another harness and then paralleled it in at the speedo. If you can find the wiring diagram you can see how the CAN buss system wires.
do you have any info on what you did for splicing the connection into the existing wiring. I have some of the wiring diagrams, just hoping you have a little more info you can provide. thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My dad picked up a stock unit out of a salvaged RZR for $300, including the steering wheel, tilt, EPS all the piece right to the steering rack, mounting brackets etc. Also the wire connectors. Based on what I have found in the wiring diagrams, there are only a few wires to hook up and can all be picked up from the Diagnostic plug, a ground and they fusebox at the eps relay.

See the attached photo and the colors are highlighted to trace where they go.

Red - Power from the EPS Relay in the Fuse Box, I'll need to confirm the connection at the fuse box with a relay. Possibly just wire with a remote fuse if the wiring isn't in the fuse box.
Purple - Ground
Orange - EPS Unit Terminal 3 to A terminal At Diagnostic plug. Key on Battery Positive Power.
Green - EPS Unit Terminal 4 to G terminal at Diagnostic plug. Can Bus Low.
Pink - EPS unit Terminal 8 to H terminal at Diagnostic plug. Can Bus High.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
quick note, there are 2 versions of the wiring harness. the version we have in the 2012 xp 900 didn't have the EPS wiring in it. another note is that the fuse box wasn't wired for the EPS relay either.

what we ended up doing is creating the same wiring that the harness would have had and put an inline 30amp fuse in line running to the relay, the relay is powered by the ignition (key) and sends the power to the EPS unit.

Tying into the Can Low and Can High Lines as well as the ignition wire on the diagnostic port was pretty straight forward. We wired just like what was show in the diagram I posted before, I simply added the wiring to include the relay and the 30amp fuse as show going to the battery +. This cuts power when the key is turned off, and sends power when the key is on.

I'm glad I found this thread as it was very useful. I'm happy to add my experience and info in here for others to find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am attempting to do the same thing, but have a question in regards to the eps relay to the eps unit. My rzr was not wired for EPS and within my fuse box there are no wires ran to where the eps relay should be. I was wondering if you tied into another relay at the fusebox, like the chassis relay or any others? I have all the other wires connected properly, but am uncertain where and how I should have an eps relay. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
Is an EPS kit from a salvaged 2011-2014 Ranger 800 work on a 2012 RZR 900 XP? pn # 2411791?
Or, I assume any oem kit from 2011-2014 RZR 900 XP's can be interchanged? From pictures I see that the the steering motor looks the same...perhaps the mounting bracket and the two shafts are different from Ranger 800 to RZR 900XP

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is the power steering box from a 2013 RZR 900 XP the same as a 2012 RZR 900 XP? Is there some type of programming involved?
2013 RZR 900 XP #2411826
2012 RZR 900 XP #2411717

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2013 Polaris RZR 900 XP4 and it does not have power steering. However I have an OEM power steering motor PN 2411826 SN 14-042-0132 and the mounting bracket and steering linkage. I looked everywhere and it does not look like my RZR was pre wired for power steering as I cannot find the 2 plugs for the motor. Is there a wiring harness or plug in kit available so I can use this power steering kit with my RZR or am I better off buying one of the aftermarket kits that come with everything? Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the end I succesfully added OEM power steering to my 2012 RZR 900 XP.
I looked for the parts that I needed with cross referencing fitment from other UTV's matching parts numbers.
I ended up with:
  1. Polaris RZR S 800 14 Steering Linkage Upper 1823749 (same as on any 11-14 RZR 900 XP - $29)
  2. 2014 14 Polaris RZR 800 XC RZR800XC OEM Power Steering Unit EPS Unit 2411826 (motor and mount are exact the same, the lower shaft is the only difference; the splines on the end that connect to the steering rack are smaller. What I did was: I cut the knuckle connection from my non EPS steering shaft and welded to the one that came with the motor).
  3. Polaris RZR 570 EPS 16 Wire Harness (I looked for a harness that will have the two connectors in good condition, for $50 I ended up with everything that I would need to connect the steering motor to my harness, complete fuse box from whihch I pulled the missing wiring and relay).
I opened my current harness where I needed (looking at the harness that I bought), tapped into the right wiring, modified the fuse box (OEM EPS fuse box now). I wanted to look OEM regarding all this. It ended up being just like that, if you look now at my EPS add-on, you can't tell that I wasn't like that from factory.
All the costs were just around $300 (the steering motor looked like new).
It worked on the first try, after I installed everything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts