Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you guys are prepared to sell your Razor for a Can Am? Is the Can Am really that much better than a Razor S?

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would'nt trade my BASE Razor for a CAN DAMN. I got all the power I need, a lighter and narrow machine, and it looks better. I just don't understand the attraction to the Can Am. Looks like a Rhino.:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Can-Am is to large for our favorite trails. BUT if Polaris wants to sell me a new RZR, they would do well to incorporate some of the standard features from the Commander on the 2012 RZR.
I really like the Commander's trunk storage under the bed, the seat design is much better, the grab handles design rocks, HID headlights are included as standard, the three key system is great for parental responsibility and it includes a locking glove box.... :) Well, Polaris did get one out of seven for 2011!
Our gen. 1 RZR is now over three years old and going strong with only minor upgrades for safety and dust. Polaris designed a fantastic, new breed of UTV in 2007 that is still in a class by itself.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I went to Indianpolis In. yesterday to the Can-Am tour to check out out the Commander. I jumped in a 1000XT, was impressed with the fit and finish and the looks.

The ergonomics was really nice.

When I took it out for the test run the throttle was very aggressive ,noticed it was on sport mode. Switched to normal and throttle was very smooth.

The steering was very stiff. I think if the tires had more air pressure that would help.

Was not impressed with the ride. Kinda squishy and rough. I was not expecting the ride of a RZR but hoping a little better than it was.

If I had rode the X my opinion would be better of the ride.

Of course I know this is a off-road machine,but after riding in a Polaris ..you know.

Handling was so so,If I had room to drive it a little harder it would have been better.

Seats were a lot more comfortable than my RZR.

When I spoke to one of the reps. I mention the stiff steering ,he told me it has a different ratio than the RZR has so it takes less wheel movement to steer it. He also said 2012 will have the power steering and QE 4wd front end.
The reason's for not liking the steering is I have a bad right elbow and shoulder(my next RZR will have power steering). Which he understood.

Overall I prefer the RZR.

If Can-Am adds power steering I might consider it.

Engine wise,Rotax bar nunn.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Had been waiting on the Commander a long time only to be let down with a Rhino / Teryx on steroids machine instead of a RZR on steroids. It has a ton of great and notable features but it's just not sporty enough for my likes (other than the power). Doesn't fit into my enclosed trailer also so I guess the RZR will get the nod. Now for the tough part, RZR or RZRS. Not crazy about any of the current (2011) LE models colors but they will probably change in January like years past.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Commander looks great but there's got to be a reason why they're not selling them yet. Working out the kinks maybe. And if your 6'4 or taller there's not enough room for your knees.

·
rzr4mud
55 Posts
Dont know about the Commander but most of the Can Am four wheeler owners in this area love em when they get em. FAST, FAST, FAST!!! But then they find out how ofton they break, and how much they stay in the shop. And soon they're ready to get rid of em...

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Commander looks great but there's got to be a reason why they're not selling them yet. Working out the kinks maybe. And if your 6'4 or taller there's not enough room for your knees.
Is it less roomy than a Rzr? My Dad has problems in my Rzr and he is only 6'3. That's why he got a Teryx. I would have thought the Can Am would have been bigger inside esp when you see how much bigger the overall machine is.

·
Knucklehead
502 Posts
Can't sell my S, there is nothing in it's class to replace it. I guess if I ever need to haul horse sh*t and grass clippings I might buy a commander.

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
No way. I think they're fugly. I think they are pretty much Rhino clones and I never have liked the way they look.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the responses. I went to the Sand Sports Show yesterday and saw a couple of Can Ams in person for the first time.Man they are really big and really ugly. There is no way they can handle like a razor S. Speed is one thing but man that thing just isnt for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree with the big and ugly. Stopped by our local dealer last week they had a demo there that was done up with the can am extras, skid plates bumpers and stuff. They had a price tag of 23,000 canadian on it. They were takeing deposits. I laughed and walked away. I'll keep my S.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts