Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Camso 4S1 Tracks on 2017 RZR 570

12K views 32 replies 8 participants last post by  EduardofromCanada 
#1 ·
So I bit the bullet with the dicey winters we've had the past several years. The on again / off again winter of thaw, ice, then snow that plagues New England lately. I put tracks on the 570. I read a LOT and researched a LOT. Some scary, a lot very good. But I did it. Have a couple hundred miles on the tracks now and have to say that A) I would never run them dry for long, B) will never use them in the mud / dirt, and C) they are absolutely AMAZING for the shoulder season and all around winter use! I've already put them through paces. Only top out around 30mph and MAN can they climb hard pack! Haven't seen much deep white stuff yet but I'm hoping for equally amazing results.

A couple things...

• Gotta set em up right!
  • Gotta keep them in spec
  • Gotta take care of them, clean them, lube them, check for wear
  • Gotta be conscious of how you drive, especially in off camber / flex situations
  • Parts are easy to get and replace
  • They do take several hours to put on...1/2 hour to take off
  • They are like maintaining another whole machine and there's lots of wheels to care for

But if you enjoy taking care of your stuff, and have the restraint to use them with care - they will probably last you a LONG time. Especially the 2018 Camso 4S1. The design is impeccably simple. My only complaint is the weak link at the anti-rotation bracket in the rear. I have already broken a rod end ($25) and carry spares. 5 minutes to change out and could "limp home" but would like to see a more robust design there.

We've even put a Mr. Heater propane heater in the front cup holder and it works great as a mid-ride hand warmer.

Stay warm, stay safe and rip it good!

Steve

https://www.rzrforums.net/attachmen...et/attachment.php?attachmentid=568600&thumb=1

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice to see that someone has put these on a 570. I have been considering these for the last couple years but the cost and lack of reviews for them on a 570 is what has been keeping me from pulling the trigger. Especially since I can pick up a good used sled for half the cost of the tracks.

#3 ·
Loving it so far. Ask any questions anytime y’all. It’s my first winter on em.

Just ripped the lake with new crusty snow and 3 degrees with a -10 windchill. It was awesome! So much warmer than a sled. Had the heater going to warm hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
That sounds awesome! I was in this last night which fueled my passion for the tracks. I bet the RZR would do great with a drag. She sure can yank logs out of the frozen trail. Did that last week.

I plan on doing some videos when we get some snow next week.

#11 ·
They mount using bracket plates designed for the 570 bolt holes and A arms. You can probably get a kit from whoever resells your track brand. HOWEVER!!!! You need to change the drive sprocket otherwise the gear ratio will not be correct for the 570. Also the tracks for ATVs are not the same size as UTV tracks. This is to assure proper floatation and performance on snow for the weight of the vehicle. If I remember from my research ACE tracks were dimensionally smaller than RZR tracks. So although you could get the mount kit and bolt them up you may get stuck a lot in deeper snow and put significantly more wear on your driveline components without the proper sprocket. It is unlikely that they will not make a sprocket designed for the gear ratio of the 570 for ATV tracks. They do for UTV tracks. Camso is what I have.

What brand are your ACE tracks?

#14 ·
I suggest you call ATV TRACKS.NET at 866-243-8359.

That is where I bought my tracks. Any parts you need for the Camso you can get through them. And they are extremely knowledgeable when it comes to fitment.

ATV 4S1 and UTV 4S1 may be different animals. But it looks like the ATV tracks are T4S? So now we are in an area I’m not sure of BUT those guys will know 100%. Just have your serial and model number off your tracks and tell them what you’re trying to do.

#15 ·
From what I remember from researching different track options, the camsco ATV tracks can be used on the RZR 570. The 570 is at the upper end of the recommended weight limit for the smaller/shorter ATV tracks but it falls within spec. If you are planning on going thru a lot of deep powdery snow the UTV tracks will obviously work better.

#19 ·

After a season with the tracks I discovered their vulnerabilities and mine. I also learned great maintenance tricks and that these tracks are virtually unstoppable!!!!

Broke down three times. All my fault. The tracks are amazing as long as you keep on them, checking bolts before every ride and during a ride. Carry tools, a jack and multiple spare parts. You WILL break shear bolts as you learn how to drive them. Once you do though, NO snow could stop me.

#22 ·
In high range Speedometer reads 45-50 at top end. That equates to about 30-35mph.

I run mostly 4wd. High on easy stuff but if I feel it straining then LOW. I would say it’s almost 50/50 low/high. I switch aLOT during a ride for obstacles and hills.

These are NOT FOR SPEED. If you care about speed, get a sled. Seriously. These are tanks that will go anywhere and will shock you. But you use 2x the fuel and it’s a leisure cruise. If you like playing in the snow VS covering miles then you’ll enjoy them.

Another thing about speed. They’re a little rougher ride than tires so going too fast on anything but fresh snow is not fun anyway so you have to go slow. And in fresh snow of any depth you really should use low - so there goes more speed.

I friggin love em but they’re not for everyone.

#23 ·
Thanks. I was just wondering because the sleds are flying at 50+ mph on the groomed trails in my area. I just wouldn't want to cause a safety hazard or have some dumb sledder run into me because they are flying around a blind corner. I'm not to concerned with speed in a 570, it all the other idiots out there! haha.

#24 ·
Same here. Our trails get narrow too. 8’ in some places. I was extra careful this year. Didn’t have any problems. I always let people pass. The plus side is I’m bigger and easier to see. You can also put a magnetic rotating beacon (like a groomer) on the roof.

Night was never an issue but day I was nervous. I found that if I WAS EXTRA CONSCIOUS of the fact that I’m going slow I could compensate for most risk. Hug tight in blind corners. Just as I would with a sled but moreso.

I’m also in the RZR 50” so that helps.

On the UP side. Everyone on the trail LOVED them.

#26 ·
In Idaho, there's plenty of sled trail within an hour northeast from Boise, but you'd get a $600 fine for wrecking a groomed trail. For the cost, I'd probably just go with a used snowmobile if it were my thing. Great thing is that the snake river basin, about 40 miles south of Boise, is rideable by 50" OHV 12 months out of the year. Much lower elevation.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#27 ·
Funny thing...I groom for my club. So I see damage first hand. Hell I fix it! SKIS and excessive track spin destroy trails. Neither of which are a side effect of running tracks. The gear ratio is so high you can’t spin them like a sled.

They actually compact and flatten sled damage. I think in time as they grow in popularity with ever changing winters more folks will see the reality over the assumption that 4 tracks = 4 times the damage. It’s the opposite.

#29 · (Edited)
In Utah, wheeled vehicles under 800 lbs can legally be on groomed trails and any tracked vehicles can be on them as well. There was a group of guys this winter that all took their big 4 seater UTV's up a main groomed trail (all on wheels, non tracked) and intentionally destroyed the trail thinking they were being super cool i.e. they posted pictures all over facebook showing the damage and laughing about it. The next weekend a DNR/forest service officer was waiting for them and gave all of them a $5,000 fine each. There were about 10 of them up there and the were they type that give UTV/ATV owners a bad name. Spinning donuts in the parking lots and spitting snow/ice/gravel at peoples cars and thinking they can just drive anywhere and everywhere they want. I think they got what they deserved.

#30 ·
Poetic justice. I feel the same way about jackasses on public OHV trail tearing it up when they find just a little bit of mud. Sorry guys, doing that shit still won't make your pecker any bigger. You might get shrinkage when that ticket comes your way. Worse, they close that entire area down because some environmental group lobbied using your damage as evidence.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#31 ·
As a legal off-roader in NH we fight that same fight guys. I find it’s best to be super super courteous and super friendly when I meet other people. I also pick up trash, especially if people are watching. That gives us a GOOD name. I believe if MOST of us did that it would outweigh the YAHOOS. We all got em.

#32 ·
I know we've gotten off the thread a bit, but I agree there are idiots in every arena of life. IMHO, the atv/utv community is one of the more respectful. What I've noticed over the years being almost fact, but still somewhat opinion, is the newbies with too much money are usually the problem. My few issues have been with adrenaline junkies (not a bad thing in it's own right!) trying out the new multi-thousand dollar machine that Daddy bought. When they wreck it badly, they'll move on to something else. I've literally never had a problem with people who are riding with their family members, or people that have clearly been riding for a long time. There are also some great teenage and college age kids riding too. But you can tell the mentality of the bad ones from a mile away. Also know some guys who could afford a new turbo for every day of the week (if they so desired), yet are extremely respectful on the trails. The combination of youth, easy money, and never getting spanked as a kid is a problem everywhere. Luckily it's the exception.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.