Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed talk of cameras front & rear mainly on the ride commands. How useful are they and what does everyone use them for. What are the advantages?

·
Registered
83 Posts
For me, the cameras are most useful when getting on/off the trailer. Not much beyond that.
A local trail system around me has a trail called the roller coaster. Its a series of steep hills and valleys winding around trees, exposed roots and rocks (think whoops but 10-15ft high or deep) when cresting the hills I couldn't see the proper line or obstacles and I was getting out and check while straddling the top, I would do it this for a couple and said "Wait, that's why I bought the damn front camera" I tried it and it worked well. Sure beats climbing out and walking it. Kinda like a spotter

I do turn it on for loading on the trailer sometimes but using it for to see you blind spot makes it worth it

·
Premium Member
1,030 Posts
Just used my rear camera ( newly installed) and it came in very handy during our poker run this past weekend when a rollover happened behind me- and I stopped to help- would not had seen it if I didn't have the camera-

I had it in the on position while riding in the poker run so I could have a clear view who was behind me or going to pass me.... I would have missed it if I was only using the rear view mirror.

I don't have the Ride Command- but have the PMX3 fosgate head unit that's tied into my fosgate system, and can have it on all the time while playing music- so it comes in real handy this way!
poker run 2019.jpg

·
Registered
119 Posts
I use the rear camera quite a bit backing up (turning around). We ride mountain trails quite often so a lot of trees and rocks to deal with in tight spaces. I suspect I'll use the front camera some down south this winter when playing in the rocks but for now only when pulling in the over packed shop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts