Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please call your Representative and have him/her vote yes on the house bill 3415. This bill is making utility vehicles legal in the state of Oklahoma to be used on roads and highways. So come on Oklahoma let’s push for this bill.

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Hopefully Kansas will follow it’s neighbors. We have a crap load of towns even larger cities now passing ordinances to allow UTVs. State signed a bill last july allowing off road vehicle to use US highways as long as they stay far right and is Ag use. I can see it coming they will be full out register ing them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Outstanding! Hopefully the Senate sees it the same way. I completely missed this, but I won't miss the call to the state senator.

·
Registered
251 Posts
That’s awesome ?????
I ordered a street-legal kit this weekend, since I assume that's what they'd dictate. The bill mentions that it would have to follow the same street legality requirements as other vehicles, but I don't know if that means car or motorcycle or what. Cars require a windshield and wiper, so that wouldn't be ideal. Anyway, I'm assuming that turn signals would definitely be required, so I ordered the kit. I hope this all works out. I really don't have a ton of use for it around the house, but being street legal on trips would be very valuable to me. Moab, here we come!

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I ordered a street-legal kit this weekend, since I assume that's what they'd dictate. The bill mentions that it would have to follow the same street legality requirements as other vehicles, but I don't know if that means car or motorcycle or what. Cars require a windshield and wiper, so that wouldn't be ideal. Anyway, I'm assuming that turn signals would definitely be required, so I ordered the kit. I hope this all works out. I really don't have a ton of use for it around the house, but being street legal on trips would be very valuable to me. Moab, here we come!
I live out in the country so running into town would be great. Its in the Senate now I hope it gets thru before all this bull butter on the COVID-19 starts a state shut of the Senate.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's crazy that bicycles can run in the middle of traffic legally, while we all wait behind them, but UTV can't

·
Registered
272 Posts
It's crazy how different it is from state to state. In AZ, it took me all of 5 minutes at a 3rd party title agency to get mine registered street legal. They don't even verify anything here. They just trust you're doing what needs to be done to be legal. Sure makes it nice to run down the road to the trails and have cops wave at you as they go by. My daughter gets a kick out of it when I pull up in the line of cars and pick her up from school in the XPT.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hope OK gets their sh*t together, lost revenue in DMV fees to say the least. One-time registration fee here, then drive it on the street until the wheels fall off.
Hope it works out for ya!

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's crazy how different it is from state to state. In AZ, it took me all of 5 minutes at a 3rd party title agency to get mine registered street legal. They don't even verify anything here. They just trust you're doing what needs to be done to be legal. Sure makes it nice to run down the road to the trails and have cops wave at you as they go by. My daughter gets a kick out of it when I pull up in the line of cars and pick her up from school in the XPT.
I'm in Okla. and my ride is street legal. In the process of getting it registered and tagged in AZ so I can ride street legal in moab, Just curious about how you went about getting tagged in AZ. I called today and they said tags are not issued to non-residents. Thanks

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm in Okla. and my ride is street legal. In the process of getting it registered and tagged in AZ so I can ride street legal in moab, Just curious about how you went about getting tagged in AZ. I called today and they said tags are not issued to non-residents. Thanks
.I will be okay in AZ to ride but not in OK.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't think you can if you're a non-resident. I live in AZ so it was easy for me.

·
Premium Member
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sorry i have been out of the states. So the short answer is no. But we are still working on it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts