Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Counselor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have reviewed the Polaris extended warranty/service contract in detail and I think California may have a different version than other states. So far, I have had coverage provided under the factory warranty but I'm expecting the extended warranty experience will be different.

:question: I'm curious whether anyone in Cali has experienced what they think is unjustified or unwarranted coverage denials on Polaris extended warranties/service contracts? When claims are covered, does the extended warranty pay for labor too, or parts only? What kind of experience are you having in general with these? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Extended warranties are usually provided by a third party, they are soley there to make money and actively search for the smallest reason to deny claims. Put that money in the bank and save for the repairs, chances are you'll drop the cash on the warranty and get denied on big repairs.

·
The Counselor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Extended warranties are usually provided by a third party, they are soley there to make money and actively search for the smallest reason to deny claims. Put that money in the bank and save for the repairs, chances are you'll drop the cash on the warranty and get denied on big repairs.
Too late for that - I already have it. And I'm referring to the "Polaristar Protection Plus" service contract, which list Polaris Sales (and me) as the contracting party.

·
The Counselor
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, nobody in Cali has had extended warranty coverage issues? I'd like to hear what battles I can expect to fight...and particularly whether labor is covered or just parts. Someone said at one point that it only covers parts, not labor.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the the Polaristar Protection Plus 60 months 0 deductible and paid an embarrasing $530. They have paid parts & labor for all and it doesn't hurt to have Palmdale Supercycles in your corner. Needl;ees top say one of my better investments and very happy with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Shouldn't really be too late. You can get out of an extended warranty if you are still covered under the factory, if the factory is past you can get out but will only get a prorated refund. I wish I would have got out of mine, it was a PITA to have service covered. As said it may be better to put the money in the bank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts