Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the latest ASA news letter. No more none factory rear seats in UTV's! You now have to buy a Polaris or kawasaki 4 seater to carry more than 2 people when ready in the dunes. 2 thirds of people I go to Glamis with have rhinos with back seats they installed themselves. O ya and now everyone has to wear helmets even in UTV's and sand rails. Way to ruin the dunes California.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Check out the latest ASA news letter. No more none factory rear seats in UTV's! You now have to buy a Polaris or kawasaki 4 seater to carry more than 2 people when ready in the dunes. 2 thirds of people I go to Glamis with have rhinos with back seats they installed themselves. O ya and now everyone has to wear helmets even in UTV's and sand rails. Way to ruin the dunes California.
You don't get out much do you?

It's been posted on the forums for over a month!

·
RZR "GET SOME"
10 Posts
Have not researched this so please don't quote me but.
I heard that any RAIL OR UTV With over 1000cc stock do not have to wear helmets.... Not sure if it's true but....
I agree it suck. And I just bought my RZR.
Also every passenger has to have both feet touching the ground while compleatlty back in there seats.(doors will help this issue) can't see ur feet.
Not sure how much is true but where there is smoke there fire. Hopefuly not a RZR fire...:rofl3:

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Have not researched this so please don't quote me but.
I heard that any RAIL OR UTV With over 1000cc stock do not have to wear helmets.... Not sure if it's true but....
I agree it suck. And I just bought my RZR.
Also every passenger has to have both feet touching the ground while compleatlty back in there seats.(doors will help this issue) can't see ur feet.
Not sure how much is true but where there is smoke there fire. Hopefuly not a RZR fire...:rofl3:
boy .alot of misinformed people out there. the non factory backseat has been ammended and so has the feet on the floor.im sure NIKAL's ears are burning right now.he has done alot of work on this.helmets are about the only change for us sxs people.1000 cc and under

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where can we find this info? The only place i have seen anything is on the ASA web site which states the whole as it was written is in effect. The news letter is old though.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Only the feet on the floor part has been removed. The rest of it still stands they just pushed the effective date back to July 2012.

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
Back seats in 2 seaters change the way they handle big time. Can we say high center of gravity? Roll over potential?? Plus I would never want me or kids to ride in the back! With the way the roll cages are you are mighty close to the ground (in a roll) if you are in the back. Screw that get a real 4 seater thats built for it!

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
Only the feet on the floor part has been removed. The rest of it still stands they just pushed the effective date back to July 2012.
Where can I find this info? Everything I am reading is effective Jan 2013.
Only the 4 seater part has been pushed back to July of 2013. The seat belt part stands as of 1/1/2013 and the feet on the floor piece was repealed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where can I find this info? Everything I am reading is effective Jan 2013.
Only the 4 seater part has been pushed back to July of 2013. The seat belt part stands as of 1/1/2013 and the feet on the floor piece was repealed.
Thanks! Looks like the helmet goes in to effect 1-1-13 as well. I appreciate all of your help.

Anthony

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Misinformation, old information, updates ect...

OP, Yeah there are new laws going into effect in CA however there is still a lot of work going on behind the vail of rumors that usually are flying around. When assembly bill (AB) 1595 passed it was just another reminder to citizens in this country to GET INVOLVED.

..... and involved they are becoming! We can't really blame ourselves as this was passed very creatively & reading every Bill in its entirety is not possible for average citizens. This is why its SO important to have organizations who do this as a job, to represent us. The Blue Ribbon Coalition has been handling our Lands ( & I gladly pay). I do not remember the name of the organization who is now the front runner & is willing to spearhead taking on this legislature (and/or a comprimise), but the facts are without members & support it won't be done. I'm not even aware of a petition being started, but heard lots of complaints.. I hope I'm wrong. Power comes in numbers.

All I am saying is that while venting is great & needed. Just complaining does nothing. It's truly up to all of you who this involves (& it involves ALL of us regardless of State location). I have already contacted (R)+(I) Sen. Lisa Murkowski & (D) Sen. Mark Begich here in Alaska to ensure we do not have simular laws in the works up here. I'm awaiting an email from Congressman Don young as well.

Alas the ripples from AB 1595 have been felt all around. Luckily (for now) I live in a State that such a law would not be passed.

·
Registered
295 Posts
i have an odd question,
500. “Recreational off-highway vehicle” means a motor vehicle meeting all of the following criteria:

(a) Designed by the manufacturer for operation primarily off of the highway.

(b) Has a steering wheel for steering control.

(c) Has nonstraddle seating provided by the manufacturer for the operator and all passengers.

(d) (1) Has a maximum speed capability of greater than 30 miles per hour.

***** (2) A vehicle designed by the manufacturer with a maximum speed capability of 30 miles per hour or*less but is* modified so that it has a maximum speed capability of greater than 30 miles per hour*satisfies the criteria set forth in this subdivision.

(e) Has an engine displacement equal to or less than 1,000cc (61 ci).

,, hellp me if im reading this wrong but the bottom applies to 1000 cc and less engines right so are sandrails exempt or rzr that have been big bored out past 1000cc? because at the top it says has to meet ALL the following criteria, is this a loop hole?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts