Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Cal-Neva Extreme Rockcrawling series (formerly CalROCS) will be adding an extra element to the mix and 4x4 racing...they are adding side by side racing as well!! Here's the 2011 schedule so don't miss out if you want to compete or just coming on out and watch the wicked action on these extreme natural courses.

Round 1 April 9-10 Exit28 Motorsports Park, Reno, Nevada
Round 2 May 14-15 Exit 28 Motorsports Park, Reno, Nevada
Round 3 July 9-10 Donner Ski Ranch Norden, California
Round 4 Aug. 20-21 Donner Ski Ranch Norden, California

Exit 28 Motorsports Park is a 100,000 acre full on bad azz place to wheel. There's everything from desert style racing to extremely rocky terrain that has been described by the pro's as "flat nasty" and "the hardest course ever".

Donner Ski Ranch is not only a beautiful place to be in the summer up in the coolness of the Sierra Nevada mountains but it too offers up some pretty mean wheelin. So put the dates on your calendars for next year and hopefully we'll see ya there!

More info about the series including rules etc here: CAL-NEVA EXTREME

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if i had weekends off and lived 6hrs closer i'd be in!!
I've attended these events and they are full on mayhem at its finest!!

The early days of "CalROCS" were extraordinary! I assume that the new iteration is just as extreme!!!

Those who can attend will not be sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
DZRTRZR
122 Posts

The early days of "CalROCS" were extraordinary! I assume that the new iteration is just as extreme!!!

same here, ive been attending werock, uroc and calrocks events for years, just with i lived closer so i could make it to more of them.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

same here, ive been attending werock, uroc and calrocks events for years, just with i lived closer so i could make it to more of them.
I agree! I was at one of the first few in 2001 at Lake Amador in CA. It was all out crazy . . . 2001 CalROCS Lake Amador

It's very cool that they now include our SXS crew! Should make for some killer antics!!!

·
DZRTRZR
122 Posts

I agree! I was at one of the first few in 2001 at Lake Amador in CA. It was all out crazy . . . 2001 CalROCS Lake Amador

It's very cool that they now include our SXS crew! Should make for some killer antics!!!

haha my first crawl comp was in 2001 as well, RCAA Cedar City, UT. http://www.pirate4x4.com/gallery/main.php/v/rcaa_cedar_city01/

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

haha my first crawl comp was in 2001 as well, RCAA Cedar City, UT. 2001 RCAA Cedar City
Nice! Never been there but it looks much like the Lake Amador terrain . . . too much fun!!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Im going to miss the first event, taking the family to disneyland, but I plan on making the rest of them. Looks and sounds like a blast.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hope you take the family to the rockcrawling events too, I bet they say it's way more fun then standing in all the lines at Disney Land was!!!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
I will let you know after the trip. :) This is the best time of year to hitup disneyland. We did it a few years ago and never stood in line for more then 15 mins at a time. Your event looks like a disneyland for me and I cant wait to try it out. I went on your sight looking at the rules for utvs and there isnt much info. Do you have a rule book up yet on what items you need done for this competition? I am really looking forward to giving it a go in May.

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will let you know after the trip. :) This is the best time of year to hitup disneyland. We did it a few years ago and never stood in line for more then 15 mins at a time. Your event looks like a disneyland for me and I cant wait to try it out. I went on your sight looking at the rules for utvs and there isnt much info. Do you have a rule book up yet on what items you need done for this competition? I am really looking forward to giving it a go in May.
Right on 15 minutes isn't bad at all! Last time I was there decades ago we waited over an hour and I swore I'd never go back again, as you can see I've kept my word!

I have nothing to do with the event, I just posted the information here since I've been to many over the last decade+, know how much fun they are and happen to know people who are involved in various facets of it.

Shoot "LadyRed" in post #8 of this thread a PM and she'll get you all the information you seek!

·
Public Lands Advocate
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, I told LadyRed you had questions, she's out and about but got back to me via her hand held and ask me to let you know the following . . .

"Can you please ask him to call Glenn. The phone phone number is on the website. I'm not by a computer right now or I would answer him. Thanks!"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts