Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next sxs is more then likely going to be a 2020 xpt. After seeing the pics in another thread of the stock cage collapsing and the rider killed, I think I will be addressing the stock cage right off the get go. There are a few things though that I've grown very attached to with the stock cage and was hoping can be incorporated to an aftermarket cage.

Click 6 harness attachments.
I know these can be bought and welded on, but there are a few companys that offer these with their cages

Rear poly panal
I love this, it keeps so much mud out of the cab. I haven't found any companys that make one for their cages. Maybe I can have something fabbed up?

Rear cage extensions
that attach into the back/bottom of the frame. It kinda ties everything together and also acts as a back bumper. I really like the extensions on my stock cage. Seams most cage builders have this as an option too.

Overhead stereo
I love the stereo up top and not into big gaudy speakers mounted behind your head. Not sure what audio options that come with ride command, but we love our tunes on the trails. Not sure if there is a universal overhead stereo set up that works with most aftermarket cages?

It looks like the pro armor baja cage is pretty close to what I'm looking for. Any other suggestions?
Anyone have any experience with the Polaris barricade cage. Is it any beefier then the normal stock cage?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm sure you have considered having a cage custom built. Use the size tube you want. Design it to accept the harnesses, stereo, light mounts, windshield, etc. All the mounting ends and such are easily had. Make it work for you instead of having to work around an "off the shelf" cage. Sure, it will cost more. But it will probably be the best accessory you will ever buy.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm sure you have considered having a cage custom built. Use the size tube you want. Design it to accept the harnesses, stereo, light mounts, windshield, etc. All the mounting ends and such are easily had. Make it work for you instead of having to work around an "off the shelf" cage. Sure, it will cost more. But it will probably be the best accessory you will ever buy.
That's a good idea. I was looking at the hauser full protection cage and with a couple mods that would be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to call hauser and see if they can do a little customization with that cage. Basically just a rear panal and overhead stereo, everything else is already set up perfect including the click 6 tabs. Would be nice too, they're only a two hour drive from me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Vent Racing, they have everything you're looking for and their customer service is top notch.
https://www.ventracing.com/

Fastback cage wraps all the way down the back and ties into the radius rod plate, they offer a rear poly panel, they will weld on click 6 attachments for you. You'd have to ask about the stereo, but I would look at doing the SSV kick panel speakers down below in the footwells instead of up top.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
That's a good idea. I was looking at the hauser full protection cage and with a couple mods that would be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm going to call hauser and see if they can do a little customization with that cage. Basically just a rear panal and overhead stereo, everything else is already set up perfect including the click 6 tabs. Would be nice too, they're only a two hour drive from me
I have a Hauser cage and it is exceptionally stout and very high quality. They worked very close with me on mine

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the feedback yall, looks like there's a few more to check out. I'd imagine shipping on an assembled cage has got to be kinda steep tho

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
If you call and talk to several of the cage manufacturers they are familiar with the click 6 tabs. You can use them perfectly fine on most standard one hole tabs as well by just snipping off the locator pin on the harness assemblies.
I just went through this myself a week ago when I ordered my cage.

I was in MOAB 3 weeks ago and witnessed a stock cage machine go over and crumple. If you haven't taken your factory cage off your machine you will certainly get chills when you do. Its essentially exhaust tubing EMS junk...

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you call and talk to several of the cage manufacturers they are familiar with the click 6 tabs. You can use them perfectly fine on most standard one hole tabs as well by just snipping off the locator pin on the harness assemblies.
I just went through this myself a week ago when I ordered my cage.

I was in MOAB 3 weeks ago and witnessed a stock cage machine go over and crumple. If you haven't taken your factory cage off your machine you will certainly get chills when you do. Its essentially exhaust tubing EMS junk...
Damn, hopefully no one hurt...

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
After reading and seeing all the Polaris stock cages failures, injuries and deaths on here I'm even thinking of replacing mine with center supports as will cross members and thicker steel. Really good idea to replace it.

I can't believe people who have had cage failures with injuries and or deaths haven't gone legal on Polaris. Way to many now.

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
The Polaris cage is not a cage. It's a rops (roll over protection system) . It's designed for low speed side flop roll overs. Not high speed end over end wrecks here. A rops system is all that required by law. That's why no lawsuits have been brought on most likely.

As for aftermarket cages check out 911 fab in Ohio. The guy does top notch work and has a killer powder coating guy. Or check out cage works. They sell diy weld together kits as well as complete cages.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Polaris cage is not a cage. It's a rops (roll over protection system) . It's designed for low speed side flop roll overs. Not high speed end over end wrecks here. A rops system is all that required by law. That's why no lawsuits have been brought on most likely.

As for aftermarket cages check out 911 fab in Ohio. The guy does top notch work and has a killer powder coating guy. Or check out cage works. They sell diy weld together kits as well as complete cages.
Just looked at 911 fabs Facebook page. Very nice work indeed!

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

Cages or ROPS whatever it's called scares me now especially when you see it on Turbo 1000. Polaris still should be help responsible.

911 FAB ROPS (aka cages) should be contracted by Polaris. Really nice ROPS. LOL.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts