Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On June 1st you advised me that the cage I was ordering would be to my door within 2 to 2/12 weeks. When we last spoke on 06/19 you advised me that the cage was ready, but that the driver did not have enough room on his truck to pick it up. You then said it would be shipped out the next day. I have since received no follow up and no shipping information. And I have not received my cage. I have called 10 times since our last conversation, and have left several voicemail messages.

Since no one from UTV Speed Inc can answer the phone, return my calls, update me on what the delay is, or send me the product I payed for in good faith on June 1, I am cancelling my order. I see by your Facebook and Instagram posts that you are still doing business. Yet the multiple voicemail messages I have left you since last Monday have gone without response. Based on your lack of communication with me, I do not trust that you will simply issue me a refund per request, so I have filed a purchase dispute with Bank of America. You or your bank will be contacted by them shortly.

I will also send this same message via your email system on your website.

Wayne Richardson
Carrollton, TX 75007

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to follow up.

I just received a callback from Leonard at UTV Speed Inc. He explained why the cage hadn't shipped yet, and offered to do whatever was needed to make it right and make me a happy customer. I advised that, at this point, cancelling the order and issuing a refund would be the only thing to correct it for me. He agreed to do so, and was polite and professional. I am now awaiting the refund to process, which he estimates may take 5 - 7 days.

Reactions: Fimea

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did not take to long to get a reply from them when it was put in those terms.. for the rest of us was the reason for the delay and non comunication a legit one or bs
The reason for the delay (if true) was somewhat understandable. The reason for no communication was not. Or rather there was no real reason given. However he called me back again after my 2nd post and we spoke a bit more. He offered to go above and beyond to try and prevent me walking away as an unhappy customer. I'll post a follow up if he comes through on his offer. Still VERY skeptical. But as a small business owner myself, I understand the importance of trying to make it right when you've dropped the ball. I decided to at least give him one chance to do so. I'll let you know how that turns out by the end of the week.

·
Registered
184 Posts
keep us posted on the outcome this could be a defining moment in his online business.. if he handles this correctly he will look as good as posible in this situation. if he drops the ball a second time, burn him at the stake. just do not let him stall you long enough that you can not reverse the credit card charges, and i have no idea how long that is.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"A 2 minute phone call could have alleviated all this" - Truth.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I wanted to make sure I followed up on this post. Leonard kept to his word, and got me taken care of. My cage got into the Dallas area on Friday, and was delivered Monday morning. I also received a sizeable partial refund check on Thursday. To be upfront, Leonard offered much more than that to make things right with me. But I couldn't, in good conscience, accept that much. Everyone's gotta eat. He also followed up with me several times to ensure I was set up for the delivery, and to let me know that the owner also gave me an additional credit if I decide to do business with them again. I respect and appreciate that, and may do it at some point in the future.

The cage itself looks pretty good. It came with a rear view mirror, front light bar tabs, front and rear grab bars, 3 whip tabs, and a roof with Dzus fasteners. Welds look good, and measurements look okay. Haven't had a chance to test fit it yet due to trying balance my workload and family time for the 4th. Will do a short write up and post pics in the near future.

I wanted to end by saying that the customer service I received after this original post was well above what I would typically expect from anyone I spend money with. Had our transaction not began in the manner it did, it would have actually seemed over the top. However I am glad that it all worked out. Leonard and UTV Speed Inc did ultimately take care of me. For that, I am very appreciative. And the potential for me doing future business with them is definitely on the table.

·
Registered
184 Posts
glad it all worked out in the best way.. now lets see some pics of it installed.. i wantes a new cage for mine but it looks like new clutches are in store for me as mine are wore out beyond repair.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
glad it all worked out in the best way.. now lets see some pics of it installed.. i wantes a new cage for mine but it looks like new clutches are in store for me as mine are wore out beyond repair.
Will do. Will be test fitting it later today, since I haven't had anyone to help me lift it onto the RZR for the past few days. Then on to the powder coater on Monday. Even before I mount it though, it looks like the exact profile I wanted.

Attachments

·
Electrical Contractor
564 Posts
A buddy of mine bought a couple of cages from them. We actually drove down there to pick them up. I personally went with a different builder, someone I trust with his work. I also had the same problem with them returning phone calls. I guess they did not want my business to buy accessories, so I went elsewhere.:mad:

Reactions: waynesworld001

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So with a few extra sets of hands, I finally got a chance to test fit it yesterday. Fit is off a bit, but workable. Had to stretch A pillars forward a bit in order to get B pillar tabs to drop onto the frame mounts. Going to take a few sets of heavy duty ratchet straps to get everything aligned once I install it, but should be okay. So it'll be off to the powder coater this week.

Here are some mounted pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm glad this worked out for you... and the other party. I am of the opinion that we are human and all make mistakes, its what you do after you make that mistake that defines you
Agreed. Now if they just work to turn the "after" service into their typical everyday service, they'll be good to go.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: CAGE REQUEST ** UPDATE**

So the cage is powder coated, installed, and good to go. The look of the cage is exactly what I wanted. I'm glad this whole deal turned around. I am very happy with the cage, and I thank Leonard at UTV Speed Inc for getting me taken care of.

Attachments

Reactions: Fimea

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will say that the 4 seat chassis is bolted together and having to use ratchet straps, pry bars, and curse words is normal as one jig will not work perfectly across the board. lol
Haha. Truth. Hopefully everyone putting a solid welded cage on top of a bolted together RZR frame knows this by now. Hopefully. But truthfully this one wasn't too bad at all. I guess since the 4 seater cage is longer, you have more leverage to bend and tweak. As long as you start from the rear and work your way forward.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.