Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the best option for keeping dust from swirling around in the back seats? I have a full windshield and a half net in the back, which doesn't help at all. Do you all think it would be much better with a full shield in the back?

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
What's the best option for keeping dust from swirling around in the back seats? I have a full windshield and a half net in the back, which doesn't help at all. Do you all think it would be much better with a full shield in the back?
Absolutely with the rear window, but you need full half doors works great on my two seater. My two cents
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2022 Rzr Pro XP Ultimate
358 Posts
Honestly I have fought that battle for years and this year I decided to remove my half windshield and the dust inside of my ProXP has been drastically reduced. I will still use a windshield in the winter months.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have been wrestling with it in my 4 seater for a year. I have a full rear windshield and up until this week I had a Polaris full front windshield. Last week as an experiment I removed the front windshield and took out my freshly-cleaned machine on a very dusty trail and drove it at all speeds up to 80 mph. Brought it home and told my wife she needed to see it for herself (she is, after all, the dust monitor). The outside was typically dusty, but the back seat was perfect. Like white glove perfect, and she agreed. So I just installed a new SuperATV flip-up front windshield and really enjoy running with it flipped up for the breeze, a clearer view, and of course no dust. I never thought it could be this good with these machines.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Honestly I have fought that battle for years and this year I decided to remove my half windshield and the dust inside of my ProXP has been drastically reduced. I will still use a windshield in the winter months.
I did the same, tried it all. Now ride without a windshield. If I check the dust inside my riding buddies cabs. They all have more dust than me.

·
Registered
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
202 Posts
We found years ago at Burningman while on patrol outside the fence if the window was down in the jeep you would finish your shift looking like a sugar cookie with the window up there was still dust just much less. The windshield creats a low pressure area that slows the dust down and allows it to collect I think the reason many of the back windows are vented is to help prevent this. I believe there are so wind deflectors that mount to the cage for ventilation and help keep the dust moving. My experience in the RZR is so limited I may be off base. JMHO

·
Registered
440 Posts
That's strange that everyone is saying they are getting dusted out with the mesh window in the back. When I bought my half windshield it created a huge dust storm inside the cab of out 4 seater. My wife has jet black hair and when we would stop ridding her hair would be grey-white. When we installed the Kemimoto mesh screen in and the rear block offs the dust is minimal. We still get some dust though. These machines have all kinds of holes and cracks that allow everything in.
Maybe the flip up windshield would combat this better if you ride alone. Maybe buying pumper helmets would be the way to go? Fresh air to breathe and cool you down if you ride in a group.
I know after riding with a friend last week going down a dirt road for about 5 miles i'm considering the pumper helmets and system.

·
Premium Member
2,220 Posts
Dust is a occupational hazard, silicosis lung disease. Very bad need to control dust problems. My friend grew up in California he told me dust has asbestos fibers naturally occurring.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Dust is a occupational hazard, silicosis lung disease. Very bad need to control dust problems. My friend grew up in California he told me dust has asbestos fibers naturally occurring.
The Naturally occurring asbestos in the dust here in the Southwest isn't as big as a deal as what it was made out to be several years ago. On all of the jobsites the dust control got so out of hand. You had to wash down your vehicle prior to leaving the project site every day. Air sampling equipment was set up everywhere and soil and rock samples were taken to various labs to be tested. Most of the sites here in Southern NV had such a small amount that the EPA determined that is was nothing to worry about. The millions of tax dollars wasted on that was sickening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Naturally occurring asbestos in the dust here in the Southwest isn't as big as a deal as what it was made out to be several years ago. On all of the jobsites the dust control got so out of hand. You had to wash down your vehicle prior to leaving the project site every day. Air sampling equipment was set up everywhere and soil and rock samples were taken to various labs to be tested. Most of the sites here in Southern NV had such a small amount that the EPA determined that is was nothing to worry about. The millions of tax dollars wasted on that was sickening.
I would think not spending millions and finding out it IS a problem would have been…. Sickening.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I cured all my dust issues like this with my wind wings. The people up front stay clean and so do the dogs in the back. I did get rid of my half windshield the first week we owned the Rzr because windshields just add to the problem and no flow through air.
can you show a pic of the wind wings ? and where did you get them ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Seal up the holes between the rear fender wells and the rear of your cabin and 90 percent of the dust will go away.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts