Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 xp 4 1000.

Hello... its got about 8000 miles on it. All road miles. I figured i should possibly buy a new belt and use the old one for a spare (just in case). I have read that some people have put well over 10000 miles on their machines and the belts have held up fine. Anyway... any advice on buying a new belt? Where to get it from? Stay with polaris oem or go aftermarket? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
'18 XPT
1,573 Posts
8000 miles and still going? In a year. What, you delivering mail with the things?

I can't imagine asking for more then the factory belt gave you. Why open a new can of worms? Be different if the demands you were placing in it weren't giving you decent results, but here...

Reactions: Sanman67

·
Registered
49 Posts
Love the hunter works belts, but certainly you mean 800/1000 right? Most people probably don’t put that many miles on their machine, let alone the belt.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help. I will stick with oem.

To answer some of the questions...

No... don't deliver mail but that was a great one!! I chuckled. Just really enjoy the machine. Put the rockford fosgate stage 5 in it cause I am a music fanatic and just really enjoy taking cruises and cranking the system and enjoying... some... ummm pop!

Yes I really did mean 8000 not 800 miles. Like I said I just enjoy being in it and riding..

I have read alot of people saying they have gotten that many miles out of their belts so was kinda surprised that you all were surprised. But I guess thats a good thing and I will definitely stick with oem.

Also... like I said. Its ALL road miles so it has been babied and looks like it did when I bought it. Anyway I really do appreciate the advice and really love this forum. Its very helpful and I really do enjoy everyone's opinions. Thanks again... till next time!
20200603_194400.jpg
20200603_191037.jpg

·
Registered
614 Posts
Wow, 4000 miles a yr 👍

You weren't lying, that thing still looks new. I'd go polaris on the belt, otherwise I personally save the extra money and go hunterworks. I've been using hunterworks now, before that was badass belt...but for a street machine, you don't need anything crazy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your opinion. Just curious. How much savings are we talking? I didnt realize how expensive polaris belts were. How much is the Hunterworks? Even though i might not need that "badass" of a belt, if the savings is enough i might go with it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The hunter works belts are 134, once in a while he’ll throw a sell up on here. May want to check the secondary pucks for wear and replace with his rollers. Lots of info on that on this page.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Thanks for your opinion. Just curious. How much savings are we talking? I didnt realize how expensive polaris belts were. How much is the Hunterworks? Even though i might not need that "badass" of a belt, if the savings is enough i might go with it.
I don't know what you can get a polaris belt for, i thought they were around $180-190.

Don't pay attention to the badass belt, thats a gboost belt from evolution Motorsports.

Last time I got a hunterworks belt, they were around $130. As mentioned, sometimes Todd has sales on them and knocks $20 off...so they would be $110ish shipped via fedex 2 day iirc.
Hunterworks is just a better quality oem belt. His sales are usually on major holidays.

Being you can get 2 yrs plus on the belt, price might not be all that important, but i like to try snd save as much as I can,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts