Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of yall have bought the base model then wished you had gotten the LE and vise versa??

Of course I want the flashy ride with all the bells and whistles but is it needed?? I already know I won't get to ride as much as I would like, life always gets in the way of having fun.

When it comes down to the mechanical differences like power steering and suspension that is where the questions start.

Is the power steering really that good? I have a ranger that does not have power steering and really have never felt that it needed it.

How about the suspension I am going to be trail riding at low speeds in low range most of the time so speed below 10-15mph. Won't be any jumping hills or that kind of stuff. Surely the base model suspension is good enough for my kind of riding??

Hit me with what yall have experienced.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
My understanding is that the suspension is the same. I just bought an 800 LE and my buddy bought a 900 base model. PS is nice but it adds $1500 or so. You are basically paying for that, the nicer paint and the nicer seats...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went and checked on the polaris website I think from reading that they have the same suspension as far as travel goes was wondering if the LE had better shocks and or springs.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Power steering (EPS) should have come on the XP, and not as a option. I bought mine without, and the steering ratio is just wrong, added ESP after the 1st 500 miles. Without EPS the steering is hard, and if you should hit a rock, or stump you'll take it hard in the steering wheel. Some of the forum members have found this out the hard way...

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am looking at the RZR4 800 I can't justify the difference between the base and LE much less for a XP.

I will probably go with the LE simply because of the fact that I will always wonder what if I had gotten the LE.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
If 50-inch width is not a restriction where you ride, by all means go with the S-LE; better wheels, better tires, better shocks, and better handling; my two-bits.........

Cheers

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
800 or 900 Walker Evans FTW! I love my Walker Evans 800 LE!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I went the LE simply because that's what the dealer that day I went to buy one. I really liked the looks of it and there wasn't that much difference in price. Now that I've had it a while I can tell you I really love the PS. I've never had PS on any ATV/UTV I've owned, but I will tell you it's awesome. We have a JD gator at the farm without PS and the steering effort is much greater compared to the RZR. I like the BH tires and the nice seats. So far the paint is still looking very shiny. I know several have stated the unpainted plastic will scratch very easily. I only have 500 miles on mine, but so far it still looks new. I think the painted a-arms and colored springs make it pop more too. I'd say the reason to buy an base is if you were going to really customize it to you're liking. For example, if we were going to put aftermarket wheels/tires on anyway, paint it a different color, put better seats (or a bench) in it, then it wouldn't really matter. Other than a top and a windsheild I already have, I'll probably never do much more to mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts