Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to the forums but hope to be an active member here in a short while. I am ready to buy a razor and i am currently looking at a 2010 LE turbo silver one from the dealer. The 2011's are also an option but im not sure what way to go. I have done research on the 2010 and found a few things such as the exhaust heat shields and the intake problems, does anyone know of any major problems with the 2011's? what would you buy if you had the option? thanks for any advice :)

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
If you like the 2010 and can get a good deal on it, I would go that route.

The 2011 supposedly gets 30% better fuel economy, and has a some new features like a water temp gauge in the cluster...

either way you will have fun!

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Cliff, Wolf "2010 LE Turbo Silver" is that just a description of the model or does it really have a turbo?
John
That's what I was wondering....If turbo, then no-brainer IMO.

I've been in the same boat, wondering about which year. There's a sweet Walker Evans with 500 miles for 12,500 with IPT wheels, tires, Polaris plow, Warn winch on CL now. Looks like a great ride, but for a bit more I could get a new '11 with power steering (for my tracks).

The '11s are supposed to have stronger axles, differentials, cage, side protection, sealed gauges, water temp (I've see it on a new one....pretty cool), fuel managment (bosch) glove box, high and low beams, better cooling, and an HO 800. New plastic on the front is pretty cool looking too.

I don't know....Think I'll wait for the '11 and forgo the Walker Evans. Guy won't budge on the price either.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Polaris offers 4 2011 models, in addition to the base 800 there are 3 LE models, the 800 EPS Orange Madness LE, 800 Indy Red/White LE, 800 Boardwalk Blue/White LE. The Orange Madness had EPS (electric power steering) and other than that all the LE's are basically similar in setup. None of them have a turbo, so unless the dealer has installed a turbo on a "blue RZR" I'd guess what he really meant to say was that it was a boardwalk blue LE. I do wish Polaris would offer a turbo RZR, then we could get some kind of factory warrantee (and maybe some support) for the turbo additions... :)

As for 2010 models, there is a "TURBO SILVER" color, but that's color only, not engine features.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After you've had a chance to play around with it for a bit, let us know what you think of the power steering. I've thought about an after market kit for mine to help with snow plowing, but not sure if it would be worth it. From what I can see, the Polaris system is pretty much the same as the after market. I'd be very interested in what you think.

Thanks and have fun!!!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
well it all depends on what kind of riding you do. i just bought a new 2011 rzr s and love it. i took it to the piute trail and it got 20 miles per gallon. the sand most likely will get less. i say goooooooooooooo!!!!!! 11! i think the le is a waist of extra money. buy a nice set of upgraded wheels and tires with the money.

·
Registered
178 Posts
After you've had a chance to play around with it for a bit, let us know what you think of the power steering. I've thought about an after market kit for mine to help with snow plowing, but not sure if it would be worth it. From what I can see, the Polaris system is pretty much the same as the after market. I'd be very interested in what you think.

Thanks and have fun!!!!!
Assuming he has a model equipped with power steering.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts

Thanks and have fun!!!!!
Assuming he has a model equipped with power steering.
Right...Only the "Orange Crush" or whatever it's callled has the factory steering. I went north today to try and work a deal with a Polaris dealer in August, ME and the guy wouldn't budge on his price, so I walked. He actually tried to go $200 over MSRP for the rig. Took the EPS orange LE unit out for a rip around their property....it was pretty nice.

Think I'm going to go with the standard red simple RZR and add to it....whenever they become available in NE. Might be a few weeks. I don't think the LEs are a "waste of money". They're a bit more, but they're different which is cool. They don't make that many of them.

Good to hear about the 20mpg and it's not even fully broken in yet. That seems pretty awesome to me, but I haven't read much yet on the existing 800s thirst. I know the 800 Sportsmans are very thirsty, so the RZRs that weigh even more can't be any better.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The only thing I will say is if you don't have trail width restrictions BUY AN S model. You will eventually want a better suspension and it's cheaper to buy an S now then to modify a regular RZR into one. As to what year. It doesn't matter buy the one you can get the best deal on. And shop around the internet and have one shipped or go pick it up you will be surprised the deals you get. Used wouldn't be a bad Idea either. There is alot of nice rides for sale right here on this site.

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
The only thing I will say is if you don't have trail width restrictions BUY AN S model.
I'd love to get an S, but it just won't work. Lots of our trails are built for ATV use....tight, with narrow bridges and sharp corners. There are posts to keep out jeeps (maybe 58" or so...not 100% sure), but the actual distance between stumps and boulders is tight. S would be a blast though. Don't even want to think about it. If I rode in northern Maine that would be a different story. There's some awesome large fast trails up there a S would smoke on.

I might have to go out and do some measuring with a tape and verify this situation to be 100% sure. I had written off an S. Damnit...... :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks everyone for all the advice, i ended up just going for the 2010 because they didn't have any 2011 in stock and i am very impatient lol. Its an LE white with red and black graphics. I have to say this machine is the funnest toy i own, and thats compared to my 600 horse power cobra ! I have had so much fun with this thing! now its time to modify :) thanks again and i will be sure to be an active member here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.