Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Buttercup is fun, not as crowded as Glamis but the dunes are smaller but fun, Gordons wells across the freeway next exit if your heading west is a lot better but both areas have closed areas with the Rangers looking to write tickets , they used to be the togo places for us but my friend has a house at salton city so we ride ocatillo and superstition then have a nice house to hang out and party with the neighborhood at night ac and shower oohya. I'm spoiled now need a house to go camping

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Buttercup is a fun place to ride. Not crowded and the dunes flow well. We usually go down there once a season and play around. We will camp in Glamis and ride to Duners Diner in Gordon Wells. After lunch we cross the bridge and ride in Buttercup for a few hours and on the way back play in Gordon's and then head back to Glamis. We do over 75 miles.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Used to camp there ten years ago when we had the sand rail. Back then you could drive down to and cross the border with the rail. Haven't been there in years

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Tacos an beer in algadonez ya buddy good times

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This will age me, but I used to be an avid Buttercup-a-holic in the 80's & 90's.
Got out of sand toys for a while, and now I'm back.
Tried Gordon's twice, disliked it big time. Too ranged out, and now too much closed.
Glamis is Glamis, Buttercup is low key by comparison. Smaller dunes, but still a lot of fun and no idiots. We used to ride to Algondones and cross the border. Back then, there was no fence, no rangers, no rules. That could be good and bad, but that's the way it was, and during the summer everyone hung out at the canal and went swimming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts