Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 xp 1000,have read where the newer ones have the heavy fused wire already wired from battery to busbar.True?

·
Registered
490 Posts
my 2017 XP4

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
Here is a picture of the factory harness from the battery to the bus bar. You can see the 200 amp fuse in the photo:

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so do the newer 1000 come with the 200amp or 20amp?Im guessing the 20 is to light for the winch?

·
Registered
490 Posts
run what 07turbo suggests, just disconnect the acc wire, wrap up and or remove the fuse to it then whatever you connect to the acc, you'll have 200 amps at your disposal.

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
run what 07turbo suggests, just disconnect the acc wire, wrap up and or remove the fuse to it then whatever you connect to the acc, you'll have 200 amps at your disposal.
Ok, this is getting confusing. The bus bar has three terminals. The acc one is fused in the fuse box, and only works with the key on. It's only for light loads, not a light bar or winch. The positive and negative terminals are wired directly to the battery and only has the 200 amp fuse that's built in. If you disconnect the orange wire to the acc terminal, it won't work any longer.

·
Registered
490 Posts
the pos side is being charged by the key on acc terminal (15 amp fused from the pic above). remove that and add the cable from the battery to the pos terminal that should provide 200 amp on the acc side, but will be hot all the time with 200 amp cable.
provides a cleaner look instead of "stacking" on the 200 amp cable.
essentially having a battery under the hood in front... :)

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
the pos side is being charged by the key on acc terminal (15 amp fused from the pic above). remove that and add the cable from the battery to the pos terminal that should provide 200 amp on the acc side, but will be hot all the time with 200 amp cable.
No, if you disconnect the orange wire from the acc terminal, it will just be dead. Each terminal is separate, they aren't connected to each other. Having the positive hooked to the battery, will not supply power to the acc terminal.

·
Registered
490 Posts
hmm.. i'll have to look into that... good point.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok, this is getting confusing. The bus bar has three terminals. The acc one is fused in the fuse box, and only works with the key on. It's only for light loads, not a light bar or winch. The positive and negative terminals are wired directly to the battery and only has the 200 amp fuse that's built in. If you disconnect the orange wire to the acc terminal, it won't work any longer.
The winch solenoid should have three wires. One to the battery; one to the battery ground; one to the accessory power. The 12v accessory power controls the solenoid to turn on the main battery power to the winch...

·
Registered
588 Posts
o_O

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
The winch solenoid should have three wires. One to the battery; one to the battery ground; one to the accessory power. The 12v accessory power controls the solenoid to turn on the main battery power to the winch...
6 wires. Winch operating power and ground from the battery to the contactor, usually red and black. Winch operating power from the contactor to the winch, usually blue and yellow. Winch directional control, usually green and black. From Warn install manual.
The winch itself doesn't have a solenoid.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
If you want the "clean look", install a Blue Sea fuse block. The ACC post is wired from the key to provide switched control power for relays controlling high wattage things like the winch, stereos, landing lights...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys.If i read 07Turbo correctly,the pos and neg on the buss bar on my machine should be wired from the factory to the battery with a 200 amp fuse

·
Vendor
1,550 Posts
Thanks guys.If i read 07Turbo correctly,the pos and neg on the buss bar on my machine should be wired from the factory to the battery with a 200 amp fuse
It needs to be wired to work. Whether it came that way from the factory depends on what RZR and what year.

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
If it's wired from factory, you'll see the wires, just like you see the ACC wire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts