Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '12 RZR 4 with 520 miles and my front A-arm bushings (upper & lower) are shot. And the back spindle bushings (upper & lower) are also shot. Is this all the longer they are gonna last. I don't run it in the mud and try to avoid water if possible. Can't believe that they are bad already. I originally thought it was the wheel bearings that were causing the slop.

·
Registered
172 Posts
On my 800 s I had to replace ones on rear at spindle around 800 miles. No issues on the ones that had grease zeros. Rode alot of mud and water.

So sayeth the RZR DAWG!

·
Registered
172 Posts
*zerks

So sayeth the RZR DAWG!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have 1200-1300 miles on my 2011 and will be replacing all the bushings and wheel bearings at the beginning of the year because of all the slop in the handleing. This has been bugging me for about 200-300 miles now. When I bought it new it handled like it was on rails but now is sloppy. Its a Polaris thing get used to it. From what I read I think I will try the Delrin bushings.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I do more preventative maintenance on this thing then anything else I have ever owned, adding enough grease is not the problem. I grease it after every ride, except when I was at Hatfield McCoy, but that was only a total of about 170 miles then it got the grease when i got home.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Try, superdaves.com Have a complete set w 1350 or so hard miles and they r as tight as the first day of install. I use no Grease but some people do.. Cheers

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 2012 rzr 4 with around 1500miles on it. There is allot of play in the lower front a-arms. I grease them every other ride. I also have a clunking sound in the steering when on rocky trails. Is this due to the bushings being shot? My fiends 2011 S had both the same things. So I'm not sure if its just a long travel thing.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I have a 2012 rzr s le and I'm in the same boat with bushings. I've got 800 plus miles that was a heavy mix of water and mud but I've greased this thing like it was my job. I rode this past weekend and I noticed it felt sloppy bad. I tore it apart tonight and my lowers are really bad. One ball joint trashed the other good and upper bushings fine. I've looked at Superatv which looks good deal. Also utv inc and also super Dave's. if I knew the super Dave's is worth the $$ I'd buy. But think I'm going to try Superatv bushings and ball joint. Buy their kit and hold back what I don't need and replace as needed. Curious to hear what others have done

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Try, superdaves.com Have a complete set w 1350 or so hard miles and they r as tight as the first day of install. I use no Grease but some people do.. Cheers
X2 got over 1500 miles good as new :ride::ride::ride:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have a full set of new unopened factory 800 S (also fit rzr 4)bushings. Sold the S to get an XP4 if you need bushing give me an offer. I tried Delrin and stock in the past they lasted about the same. I just plan on changing the bushing once a year on any RZR I own. Also if it makes anyone feel any better the Can Am are ever harder on bushings.

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts
I had the same problem on the left front wheel on my 2011 RZR4. I replaced the hub bearing, and bought new ball joints but didn't install them yet as the hub bearing seemed to take care of the problem temporarily. I grease all my zerts about every 3 months or so (every 3 rides i'd say). I ride mud, water, sand, rock, you name it.

I was preping my machine tonight, putting the skid plates back on after a good bath, and noticed that left front wheel, when off the ground, if you grab the top and bottom and twist it vertically back and forth, the wheel play is back. I checked all 4 tires in this same manner, the same way you check ball joints for play on a car or truck, and all 4 wheels had some play in them. I just figured this was normal since they all were like that, guess I figured wrong.

So this Superdaves website, they sell front and rear kits? What would I look under, ball joints and hub bearings, or when you all are talking about "bushings" are you referring to a rubber bushing or hub bearings? Hard to believe that I have bad bushings in the back all of a sudden, I can see bad ones in the front, but not back already. I have about 1100 miles on mine I believe.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Phil

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have replaced all of the bushings on the front of my 4 at 600 miles, replaced right lower again at 800, with the new oem bushings, it still has play, replaced the sleeve and bolt and more bushings, the damn thing still has play:rm_thumbdown: it has enough play in it that i get the thump on certain bumps, the bolt don't move in the mounting holes, kinda thinking the a arm is oblonged at the bushing tube

·
BMF D-C
380 Posts
Ahhh, I see what u r talking about now. The sleeve and neaprene bushing that goes inside it on the A-Arms, yea I've never lulled them out and inspected them but it would appear they may be bad because I really dont see the play coming from the upper or lower ball joints.

So, I looked new 1's up on superdave's. for a new front and rear bushing kit is like $437.

I read on an earlier post a gentleman asking if these bushings are covered under warranty but I didnt read where anyone answered.

Or is the OEM too much of a piece of crap? I bought this used, so I dont know how much PM the previous owner did. I got his service records from the dealership he would have taken it to so I could transfer the warranty, but it didnt look like he did my PM so hopefully thats whats caused the bushings to apparently go bad

·
Registered
97 Posts
I installed new oem bushings (second time) on the rear bearing housings and front lower a-arms on my 2012 50" @600 miles just before our Rock Run trip last weekend. We rode less than 100 miles and there is already significant movement and rattling in all the new parts, very disapointing.I guess that is the price we pay for Polaris keeping this model lightweight. I personally have not researched the price of aftermarket (like super daves) but before I shell out $437 I am going to need a lot of positive feedback from users.
As stated here often, some dealers will warranty these parts, mine would not and even showed me in the manual where it states that bushings are not warrantied:redrzr:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Slowpoke. I got mine tore down and they were all trashed on the front. One lower ball joint also Check the spacer sleeve, initially I thought they were fine but after cleaning them good I noticed they are worn also. Talked to dealer and he said if they are worn and bushings are replaced they will wear out twice as fast. I'm going to do the sleeve spacers also and see what happens.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. My sleeves have the finish worn off but no measurable metal is missing. They were clean, the grease is still bright red. Fortunately these bushings are easy and cheap. I will start carrying a set on the trail to replace during lunch stops:rofl3:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts