Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there built in limiters during the break in time period, specifically for the rpm's? I followed the break in process for the belt, pretty closely. Before I had hit 50 miles, I stabbed the throttle a couple times, only for a few seconds, never got above 7k rpm. I'm now at approx 70 miles and if I stab the throttle, it'll grab 8100 rpm. I think the rev limiter should be at 8800 rpm, but I'm not certain. If that's the case, at what point should it open up to the full rpm range? TIA

2020 XP4 Premium

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rpm is now being gated by the clutch. I don’t know if they were ever rpm limited. i would rather not turn 8800, but your machine. Assume there is no more than 1hp per hundred rpm on the table, and possibly half that.

That makes sense. The clutch is stock. I live close to 6000' and ride up to 11k' of elevation, not sure how much that plays into some of this. I asked the dealer I bought it from if it needed clutch work to handle the elevation and was told that the newer ones are good out of the box. Not sure how true that is... Thanks for the feedback..

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,253 Posts
No built in limiters, 8100 RPM is about correct for shift RPM stock, you won't, and don't want to, see 8800 RPM for shift phase RPM. You won't see that until the clutch is fully shifted out and you keep accelerating beyond that to complete top speed, and even then, I think you hit the speed limiter before the rev limiter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No built in limiters, 8100 RPM is about correct for shift RPM stock, you won't, and don't want to, see 8800 RPM for shift phase RPM. You won't see that until the clutch is fully shifted out and you keep accelerating beyond that to complete top speed, and even then, I think you hit the speed limiter before the rev limiter
Thanks for the information and the education. My knowledge of these clutch systems is pretty limited, I'm slowing learning more. Sounds like I'm sitting pretty well and the machine is functioning as it should. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts