Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
how did the turbo blanket hold up?? i was afraid the old header wrap would hold moisture and start corrosion on header...
the turbo blanket is shot too, but that's only because the first oil feed line fitting I tried using failed on me and some oil leaked onto the blanket and then that baked in and made the blanket brittle. At least it didn't crumble to pieces on me...

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
I think it will be enough cca, were going to find out lol. They say in the description it should work on 4cyl race cars up to 1800cc, and there are several reviews from people using them on Harleys, so we'll see. Yes you have to buy one that's for lithium batteries, I didn't buy the expensive ones they offer though, I went with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W8KJH44/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also got the battery on amazon for a little better price

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 · (Edited)
So after a little thought I returned the 1201 battery for the 1601 battery which isn't all that much (physically) bigger than the 1201 and has a little more cca (480) AG-1601 Small Case Lithium Battery – Antigravity Batteries

Also I wasn't able to get everything ready for the race this week at Dome like I had wanted. Several delays put a quick end to that idea, I'm still waiting for injectors, and my SDR doors so I took the rush off of everything and started thinking about doing a little more fab work on it. I'm completely rebuilding the entire area where the seats are, using chromoly tubing and adding some adjustability to my suspension while I'm at it, to try and get ahead of the wheelie problem that we might face this year. I'm going to be able to mount my seat pretty low, which will help get my weight down lower into the chassis and I'm going to be able to build a pretty low cage on it. I did get new fuel pumps, I went with dual brushless 440 pumps from DW, I got a very nice fuel cell "hat" to hold the dual pumps from Rhodes race cars, and I got the new turbo for this year. I went a bit larger on the turbine side with this turbo so it should open things up and flow some air though it.

I have a "plug and play" stock fuel pump hat setup with the DW400 (415lph) pump fitted to it and wired with a relay that I want to part with if anyone is looking for a good pump to make some power, can support up to 300whp (e85) with it and more on race fuel. A person will need a fpr with this pump though so keep that in mind, it's not going to work with the stock reg. I can also make some billet fuel rails if anyone is looking for one, I have the design all ready and will be making a few pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Sounds cool ...lets see some pics Kevin... (y) :)

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
will the fuel rail connectors fit stock lines??if so im interested...
yes we can get fittings that will work with the stock lines, the design I made is for -6 ORB sized fittings. Which are just -6AN with an o-ring, and we can get the correct fittings so the stock lines will snap on still. It is NOT designed to use the stock fuel pressure regulator though, so you would need to get an aftermarket one to put on the end of the rail. Switching to a setup like this would allow you to run a high performance pump with plenty of fuel for the e85 setups without over-running the reg and it would also make it easier to put a filter inline right before the fuel rail if wanted, just some food for thought.

I started into a toolmaker apprentice program at work in January and have been in school full-time so far this year so I haven't had as much time to get on the forums. I will post some build pics here soon after we make a little more progress, things have also halted right now with this winter weather we're having in the midwest. Billy I'll post up some 3D renderings of the fuel rail soon also, tonight if I have a chance to.

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Here's the fuel rail, I just have a few finishing touches left to add and then need to find time to machine it after school one day

Rectangle Automotive exterior Auto part Bumper Composite material Rectangle Font Auto part Cylinder

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 · (Edited)
Well it's about time I make an update, with the delays earlier this year I decide to do a little more than I had planned for. We have a lot left to do but we've made some progress now. I chopped out the trailing arm mounts and we made new ones to give me the ability to adjust the angles of the trailing arms. I'm hoping this might help keep the front wheels down. We made a whole subframe area to mount the seats to, and the shifter is mounted now too. I designed the fuel cell to fit under the passenger seat and we're finishing it up now. I'm going to mount the intercooler and icebox under the seats in the middle, and a new battery tray under the drivers seat. We're going to start on the new cage in the next week, and then after we get that done we can make the new header and intercooler piping. I've made some cool stuff myself this time, like I needed some couplers to reduce the piping sizes at the intercooler so I machined those and a few other things as well. Also got a new primary from STM.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Bumper Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Gas Engineering Auto part Machine Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Gas Hood Automotive lighting Grille Automotive design Automotive tire Camera lens Camera accessory Lens Material property Camera Output device Rectangle Graphics software Automotive design Television set Automotive design Wood Audio equipment Font Gas Liquid Water Fluid Sculpture Art Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Rim Alloy wheel Wheel Watch Automotive tire Plant Alloy wheel

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Glad to see your back at it ....looks great !.

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #134 ·
a few updates, we're almost finished welding, next I'm going to strip it back down to bare chassis and powdercoat it. We have almost everything tacked together and ready to weld. We made a custom fuel cell, coolant reservoir, and icebox. The icebox has a cooler going through it that I'm going to use to cool the fuel. Also made myself custom covers for the cvt intake and exhaust just to add a little touch, and there's a pic of a radius rod plate I'm working on as well, it is not finished yet, just roughed in. The last pic is the fuel rails I've been working on, I made a run of 10 of those and did some engraving on a few of them today.

Grey Wood Font Tints and shades Road surface Light Gadget Kitchen appliance Audio equipment Automotive design Automotive tire Grey Rectangle Material property Automotive lighting Rectangle Wood Grille Composite material Automotive exterior Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Rectangle Wood Bumper Font Tints and shades

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
I came up with a way to make my fuel rails work with the stock fpr and stock fuel lines. If the fittings I ordered get here this week, I'm going to test it this weekend, once I know it's good I should have 5-6 available in this first run.

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #137 ·
Update time:

I picked the chassis up last night and was able to get started on it. I have to run to the ol' dealership and get a few things today for it. Hoping to get this finished up next week to test at the track next weekend. I have a lot to do and lots of little pieces need to arrive and things need to happen, with a little luck I might pull it off.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Sky Vehicle Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Yellow Engineering Gas Machine Composite material Automotive tire Stretcher Tire Motor vehicle Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire Automotive design Yellow

·
Premium Member
4,052 Posts
Looks great Kevin ... about how many ponies will you be pushing to the rear wheels this year?

·
Morris Racing #711
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
Looks great Kevin ... about how many ponies will you be pushing to the rear wheels this year?
it's hard to say, I got on a dyno last year when I first got the motec and once we started making some real power it just spun the tires on the dyno. I would need to by some dyno slicks and I'm not really wanting to spend the money on those just to get a high dyno number. Last year the best dyno number I had was 211 hp and that was way off, I was easily over 300 to the wheels just based on the times it ran. I try not to get hung up on those numbers, I worry more about my times at the track then anything.

I can say I have enough fuel and turbo to make almost 700 hp, so we'll just have to see how fast we can send it down the track

121 - 140 of 168 Posts