Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Such a cool project man! Great work, cant wait to see how it turns out.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yeah I have a cover for where the factory one was at to delete it.

I can't tell you off the top of my head how big the factory core is, the core in this one is 4x4x10

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,614 Posts
Any specific benefit to running the IC pre TB as opposed to post TB?

Than thing is going to sound wicked with the exhaust and w/g routed like that..leaving both straight piped i'm assuming?

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Any specific benefit to running the IC pre TB as opposed to post TB?

Than thing is going to sound wicked with the exhaust and w/g routed like that..leaving both straight piped i'm assuming?
No real benefits that I know of it's just how I had to do it since I'm going to still use the stock plenum. I'm working on a design for a new plenum that I might make when I get a chance to, and I might do it with the intercooler in it like the factory, I'm not 100% on that yet.

Yes on the exhaust, what you see is what it is going to be. I can't wait to hear it, should see some good fireballs on the 2 step too :cool:

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
It's almost been 2 weeks so here's an update:

Valve cover, intake plenum, intake tubes/intercooler and turbo compressor housing are all getting powder coated, supposed to be done this week.
I'm waiting on all of the -an lines, fittings and a few misc parts and gaskets, ordered on Monday.

Once I get all of that stuff and assembled the only thing left will be the motec/harness. The ecu is supposed to come with a startup tune so it shouldn't take long after that to get it fired up.

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I picked up the stuff from powder coat yesterday and had time last night to put it back on and wrap the header in exhaust wrap. I ran out of clips before I could get the exhaust after the turbo wrapped so I had to order some more before I'll be able to finish that up. I'm still waiting on the -an fittings and line for the turbo oil and water lines but have all of the stuff for the fuel system. I'm going to try and get all of the fuel system plumbed today or tomorrow.

IMG_2357.jpg IMG_2359.jpg IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2366.JPG

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I finished wrapping the exhaust, got the turbo oil lines and fuel system all plumbed and finished. The only thing left is the water lines for the turbo and intercooler, I didn't like how I was going to have to route them with what I already had so I ordered some different fittings for the turbo water lines. They should get here in a few days and I can finish up all of that. The only thing left after that is the motec I'm still waiting for... maybe that will show up soon

IMG_2375.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finished wrapping the exhaust, got the turbo oil lines and fuel system all plumbed and finished. The only thing left is the water lines for the turbo and intercooler, I didn't like how I was going to have to route them with what I already had so I ordered some different fittings for the turbo water lines. They should get here in a few days and I can finish up all of that. The only thing left after that is the motec I'm still waiting for... maybe that will show up soon

View attachment 653729
Your doing an amazing build!

·
Morris Racing #711
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Plumbing is 95% done, only 2 things left, one of the lines for the catch can and the water lines for the intercooler. Just waiting for a couple fittings and clamps to finish those up, should have it all done by the end of this week. Plus I was informed on Monday that the Motec and M&W ignition is on the way, I wasn't given any tracking on it so hopefully it arrives today or tomorrow. If all of that happens I might get to start it up and do a couple heat cycles on it this weekend.

IMG_2392.jpg

Disregard that the one line coming from the water pump housing to the y fitting is missing, I took this pic before I had it on, it's there now.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts