Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The rona has slowed down my supply chains big time, I had planned to have it finished by now. Motec is on order just waiting for a few pieces for the harness to get finished, and still need a few of the components for the fuel system so I can start plumbing for it. I'm hoping everything comes together by the end of the month and I can start testing in June.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Awesome !!!... any details on the fuel components in the last picture?
Cant wait to see and hear more (y)

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome !!!... any details on the fuel components in the last picture?
Cant wait to see and hear more (y)
From left to right and then top to bottom, you're looking at:

ID F750 fuel filter - fancy isn't it?
Fuel pressure regulator - standard issue
DW400 - Deatschwerks 415 lph in tank fuel pump
ID1700x injectors - 1725 cc hiding on the bottom of the pile

not shown is a billet fuel rail and lot's of -an fittings to put it all together

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I started this year by stripping the car down to almost nothing to clean the mud off from everywhere, before I decided to go full race car with it I used to trail ride so there was mud under every panel. Then I did a bed delete by RT Pro when I put it all back together, and had a new cage built for it because my old cage was a fastback style where the rear of the cage bolted to where the factory flag mounts were at on the bed. This also made for the perfect time to clean up all of my wiring under the dash so I did that too.

IMG_2022.jpg IMG_2044.jpg IMG_2078.jpg 60687504952__A5739467-237D-4292-9622-68312BF05DCC.JPG

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What kind of wheel HP are you shooting for?
There's a couple of things on the engine build that I didn't do this year that will limit me from making the power I'm aiming for in the end. So for 2020 I'd like to see something near 350 whp, if all goes well I plan to pull the motor back out in the fall to finish the remaining stuff and then we're shooting for the moon in 2021.

This year is about doing all of the supporting things necessary for this type of setup and dialing it in as much as possible.

·
Registered
192 Posts
There's a couple of things on the engine build that I didn't do this year that will limit me from making the power I'm aiming for in the end. So for 2020 I'd like to see something near 350 whp, if all goes well I plan to pull the motor back out in the fall to finish the remaining stuff and then we're shooting for the moon in 2021.

This year is about doing all of the supporting things necessary for this type of setup and dialing it in as much as possible.
wow. nice fab work. did you do it all yourself ? if so you are very talented .
what did you have to do to the engine for it to live at 400 + hp at the flywheel

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wow. nice fab work. did you do it all yourself ? if so you are very talented .
what did you have to do to the engine for it to live at 400 + hp at the flywheel
Thanks! The fab work is a mix of me and a friend of mine. He's responsible for the beautiful welding, I just designed it and made the flanges and stuff we need custom made.

The engine has a cryo treated crank, CP rods and pistons, 1025cc closed deck cylinders, ported head, ARP 625+ headstuds, new valves and new valve springs. I'm probably forgetting some things but that's the gist of it. It was built be D&M Racing in Phoenix, I can't say enough good about Doug and his team. This whole project wouldn't be like this if it wasn't for them, I'd just be chasing my tail. He has guided me through all of it and have helped me get pretty much all of the components going into this.

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We finished up the exhaust this weekend.

Waiting for 1 45* bend piece of pipe to finish the intercooler and intake piping, then it's time to plumb the fuel system and hopefully my ecu arrives soon as well.

IMG_0964.JPEG IMG_0965.JPEG IMG_2310.JPG IMG_2311.JPG

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Intercooler and intake finished up last night. Keep in mind I have a lot of finishing work still to do. I'm planning on powdercoating some parts still and cleaning up the harness as I do the fuel system.

I wanted to get some opinions on powdercoating the intake pipes and intercooler, what do you think, powdercoat them or polish them up?

I'm definitely going to powdercoat the valve cover, and thinking about doing the turbo's compressor housing and the intake plenum/manifold too.

IMG_2322.JPEG IMG_2321.JPG IMG_2320.JPG IMG_2319.JPG

·
Morris Racing #711
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not a fan of polished, so you'll get a powdercoat vote from me all day long. Love the work!
I feel the same way, so I'm leaning towards powdercoat anyways. I'm not big on the flashy stuff, I'm more of a blacked out kind of guy but I want to have a few bright accents just to make it stand out a little without overdoing it. I'm going to do the valve cover in yellow (matching the yellow in my wrap) but then I'm still trying to decide on what to do on the other pieces. I'm thinking either a grey that matches the grey on my wrap or just do black.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
I feel the same way, so I'm leaning towards powdercoat anyways. I'm not big on the flashy stuff, I'm more of a blacked out kind of guy but I want to have a few bright accents just to make it stand out a little without overdoing it. I'm going to do the valve cover in yellow (matching the yellow in my wrap) but then I'm still trying to decide on what to do on the other pieces. I'm thinking either a grey that matches the grey on my wrap or just do black.
If you do the compressor housing, I'd do it in yellow as well, and then all the piping in black

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I like it just the way it is ...question what is the box for on the intake tube ...Just extra volume?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Interesting ... do you just delete the factory one then, It looks small is it much bigger than the stock IC ?

1 - 20 of 108 Posts