Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 714 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Long time reader first post. I have a 2016 900s and I'm experiencing the same as everyone else, the shock spring sag. But my question is are there any other budget options besides the bandit and racertech springs? Both of those seem to be out of stock for the 900s and the shock therapy springs are outside of what I want to spend for springs. Thanks!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Springs for these vehicles are a bit outrageous in my opinion. I purchased from Gforce but they're also $750.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
221 Posts
research "tender spring swap" on here and you should find some helpful info on coil spring options. Summit racing has a large selection of Eibach and other springs starting out at around $20 to up to around $60 a spring. If you can find the right adaptors or spacers for the 2.5" springs, you should be able to make yourself a kit for around $350. I seen where one guy took the rear tender spring, moved it to the front shock and had it with a 12" 225lb eibach spring making it a dual rate setup. He was very pleased with it, even though he did not have the shocks revalved. On the back, he had a 10" 275lb spring with what I believe was a 225 to 250lb tender spring. I think he only had around $300 in it.
Some people actually buy the springs from the 4 seat 900 S. This is fine but, like all other factory springs, they will sag.

·
Registered
165 Posts
shock therapy used to offer a stage 3 that used the stock lower springs, which is what I have, I think it was 499 and I am very satisfied with the ride improvements, but apparently you can't get that kit anymore.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Im very interested in trying to make my own kit, spring sets are about 80.00 a pair. might be worth the gamble, anyone else try these from Summit???

·
Registered
85 Posts
at Summit Racing get the 2.5" QA1 175-350 progressive rate springs for around $110 pr. for the front. Now the rear, theres lots of different affordable options. To keep it cheap, keep the 350lb main spring and replace the tender spring with a Pac Racing 4" long 450lb 2.5" diameter spring. This will give you an initial rate of 197lbs till full coil bind. You want a 4" long spring, so it will go into coil bind to give you a dual rate setup. This is kind of similar to what Racertech kits do. After buying the springs and a few of those Koni 2.5" adaptors, you should be able to do all of this for around $250 to $270. This will be affordable and cost effective. whatever you do, do not buy one of those $100 tender spring swap kits. That is very cheesy and cheap.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Dang that's alot of good info right there!!! So the stock rear main spring is 350# that seems pretty heavy...I had a teryx4 with Bandits Springs and I think it had 320# on the rear....it rode really good.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Dang that's alot of good info right there!!! So the stock rear main spring is 350# that seems pretty heavy...I had a teryx4 with Bandits Springs and I think it had 320# on the rear....it rode really good.
yes that does sound heavy, however if you are using a dual rate or stacked spring setup, the initial or first few inches of travel are way less until tender spring goes into full coil bind or hits crossover ring (if supplied). I've seen some guys use as much as a 450lb main spring, but because of them using a dual spring setup, its way less initially.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm not sure if this will work, but could you run a 6" tender at a lower spring rate? For example keep the stock rear main at 350 lbs and get a 6" tender at like 300-350 lbs or would that be on the soft side?

·
Registered
40 Posts
The qa1 springs on the front were way better. Still messin with the rear. Waiting for the tundra the thaw up here in th NW

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 714 Posts