Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My RZR is a 2nd generation 2008 model, and I needed a rebuild, and it was looking a little rough with scuff marks on the body. I do most of my riding on trails with trees, bushes, shrubs etc...and to say it gets tattered is an understatement. I thought I might just part it out, and with the monies buy a new "S."
I decided to go another direction. I contacted Kelly at KMS for the rebuild, and since he was already in there he added his "cheetah" motor. When dynoed the "cheetah" got me an additional 8 hp. The extra pwer was awesome, but now the suspension was in need of some help. I already had a great experience with Steve at Makin Trax with the progressive springs, so I decided to try him again for shocks. He delivered once again. Not only did his price surprise me, but the shocks are phenomenol. I now had power, and the ride was smoothe as hell, but the plastics were still ugly as sh%#.
I contacted Brian at BMAZZ and he set me up with some unbelievable looking plastics. I was now feelin pretty good about my machine, but something didn't sound right... it needed tunes. I called Sam at Duner Tunes and he hooked me up with a sound absolutely second to none. The stereo kicks ass, and I am beyond thrilled. I especially want to thank Sam for not only installing the tunes, but aslo helped put my new plastics in. We did it at his shop, and his wife even fed me TWICE!! :rofl3: So how do you think it turned out?

and the stereo:

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Sweet ride. Stay outa the brush and scratchy stuff. That is a show RZR that I think will get scratched up again. Nice Job!

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
That looks great!! Is it going to be a camp RZR or will you actuly take it out on rides.
BTW that was not ment as a jabb.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
That looks great!! Is it going to be a camp RZR or will you actuly take it out on rides.
BTW that was not ment as a jubb.
No jabb taken. I bought this thing to ride, so I will still be tryin to do the same stupid stuff as before!! Crazy even promised to show me how to lawn dart this year :rofl3:

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
BTW that was not ment as a jubb.
No jubb taken. I bought this thing to ride, so I will still be tryin to do the same stupid stuff as before!! Crazy even promised to show me how to lawn dart this year :rofl3:
Yup it wont be long before it's trashed again.You should have seen it before, man it was ugly! :rofl3:

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
That looks too good to take out and beat on.

and that should have been "jab" sorry

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
Its a beautiful job, I wouldnt ride anywhere but the sand though,,,Ive been tearing mine down to install new plastics and I keep finding huge chunks of dryed mud in places I didnt know exsisted..

·
King of crash!
31,881 Posts
Its a beautiful job, I wouldnt ride anywhere but the sand though,,,Ive been tearing mine down to install new plastics and I keep finding huge chunks of dryed mud in places I didnt know exsisted..
lol.....:rm_thumbdown: i only been in mud a couple times but i still find some

·
◄►STARS & STRIPES◄►
3,832 Posts
lol.....:rm_thumbdown: i only been in mud a couple times but i still find some
I live in MUD up here in Alaska, With the Kit I have on now I'm getting exactly 13.5" of clearance, Once my new shocks and Racer Tech Lift come in Im hopeing to adjust to 15-16 inches of clearance... And this is ACTUAL, i measure off the lowest point which is in the rear 1/4" below the receiver to make up for the Skid plate..

·
Premium Member
4,381 Posts
I love it. there is one thng i would do differently though, Put my name on the title. :badgrin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.