Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dan and Christy
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was working on my RZR last weekend and when I pulled the tab to move the steering wheel the tab did not 're-engage'. The steering wheel will not lock in position now. Does anyone have any suggestions on fixing this or do I just need to replace the strut assembly? Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
951 Posts
The steering adjustment is a pita. Mine is always acting up on me I can usually take it apart and after messing with it for a while It will start working again. But its not very handy to tinker with while out on the trail trying to ride.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I found that if you get the shock-like device removed. you will find a small rod in the center of the shaft. Place it vertically and dribble wd-40 or silicone on the rod. After awhile grab it with a vice grip and easily rotate it around and back until it turns freely. This is what freed mine and it has worked fine since,
John

·
Registered
312 Posts
I found that if you get the shock-like device removed. you will find a small rod in the center of the shaft. Place it vertically and dribble wd-40 or silicone on the rod. After awhile grab it with a vice grip and easily rotate it around and back until it turns freely. This is what freed mine and it has worked fine since,
John
+1.......

·
The Beast
339 Posts
Mine stopped working, tried to free it up, it then started leaking oil from the button. Replaced with a rode. Then purchased one from Babbittsonline.com for $66.00.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.