Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Houk
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Send ride out on this machine and the broke the driver front axle flush with the front chunk housing in going to take this to the dealer and pray the replace it however I want to know the best way to repair this and also repair it on the trail because I cut my trip extremely short I will post pictures shortly

·
I Like It Dirty!
1,295 Posts
Easiest way to get it out is drill a hole in the broken off shaft, thread it, and screw a slide hammer in and it'll snatch right out. That particular style break is not one that's easily repaired on the trail. In that case, I'd cut the band's off the outer cv boot, pull the boot out of the way, and pull the axle out of the outer cv and ride 3 wheel drive for the rest of my day.

J

·
0 Posts
^^^yep.

The last one I had like that, it was quicker for me to weld a piece of 1/2" square flatbar to it so I could grab it with a slide hammer.

·
Houk
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My other opinion question is to upgrade the axles or not I'm afraid if I upgrade the axles the next weakest link is the front chunk?

J

·
0 Posts
My other opinion question is to upgrade the axles or not I'm afraid if I upgrade the axles the next weakest link is the front chunk?
My last rzr I upgraded to rhinos. It's a pretty good bang for the buck. They were more durable than stock but the cvs would still break before the diff would. They will be my next axle on the HLE

·
Houk
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea I know I am running 32 rocktanes and the axle broke on a small dirt hill so I'm gonna go with not that strong

·
I Like It Dirty!
1,295 Posts
With a 32 I'd go with the rhinos. They're quite a bit stronger than stock, but will still break in a bind. Hard to beat them for the money with the warranty they come with

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
I will go to rhinos if I break mine. However I have 1700 miles on my stock axles. Half those miles with 31" tires and the other half with 33's. Ride rocks and mountain trails.

·
Houk
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm sure as in everything I own that skinny pedal on the floor has a contributing factor lol but I beat my 900 a lot more without problems I'm gonna chalk this up to a fluke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts