Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Well I can say one thing about being a vendor, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

If Brimstone wants to spend their money here and try to change our minds, so be it. I don't blame RZR Forums for that. It is not their fault that people our upset about this situation.

:rm_thumbdown: Wonder what will happen to the boycott brimstone threads and sigs now..
They'll probably be deleted now I'm sure... they are on the wrong forums, didn't mark say he didn't need the SXS crowds?

Gary,

I'm sure you've read all the threads so I know there's no need to rehash the current preference of the people that have spoken.

I do seriously suggest though, as a website that is trying to support and promote the sxs industry, I feel that allowing Brimstone to join as a vendor (which is NO doubt in my mind a way for them to get members of this forum to stop mentioning boycotting them.) is not conducive to the thoughts and ideals set forth by Rzrforums.

This forum has spent countless hours promoting our sport and I'm sure I speak for most people, what Brimstone is doing is borderline illegal if nothing more than selfish, ridiculous and unethical.

For a company to tell the public to stay at a supporting "vendor" to help promote their business is their business... but to tell the public you CAN'T ride at their place because we're staying at a lodge that they are arguing with is crazy. As long as I'm willing to pay for their tickets to ride on their property, what difference does it make where I sleep or park?

Not only is Brimstone dictating where I can stay, they add insult to injury by making it very clear that they do not care what the riders think and we are insignificant to their business.

Does Rzr forums really want to have a company like that projecting that kind of image?

I hate to jump on the bandwagon but I have to voice my opinion and say that even though Brimstone is paying money, I think this is one case that they need to be rejected.

I said my piece but I will not ride Brimstone and will tell as many people as I can about it. A few weekends ago when we had a ride at Trailsend, we had between 200-300 people attend. Insignificant my ass.

Thanks Gary for listening,

Mark

·
Registered
767 Posts
I agree Rzrforums has done no real wrong here. There are many places and businesses that not everyone thinks are good and fair, but they are still in business, and still have the right to promote themselves. As I have said before, and will continue to say, our dollars cast our votes. Brimstone will remain in business, there are a ton of folks who will follow whatever rules a riding area sets forth, and never question them. Does that make them wrong? not really. We have a couple of areas around Ohio that we don't go to, for one reason or another, Brimstone has given myself, and several thousand other folks a reason NOT to frequent there trails. Them joining here, as a sponsor, will not change our opinion of them simply because they paid to sponsor this site. I do not see any Moderators shutting anyone down for there opinions, as long as they are not hateful, ignorant, and full of bad language.

·
Registered
262 Posts
well after reading all 3 threads I am voting to boycott them .. if they want to waste their money being a paid sponsor then let them .. and I applaud the mods for not deleting negative posts (other then the ones with profanity) it shows they are being unbiased

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I think of Brimstone would get on here and be 100% with the riders by doing a explaination of their decision reguarding their business practices and why, they might save face somewhat. I read all the post about it and think that people are really upset by Brimstone not answering simple questions about this problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,817 Posts
Well I can say one thing about being a vendor, sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

If Brimstone wants to spend their money here and try to change our minds, so be it. I don't blame RZR Forums for that. It is not their fault that people our upset about this situation.

Ronnie,

You are correct. In fact, it has been pointed out to me that by allowing Brimstone on here, a larger discussion is to be had which in turn allows more people to see what is happening.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm quite happy riding at Trails End but I still think that Brimstone's business practices will cost them financially in the long run.... maybe not enough to close down but it might be the difference between have a so-so year and a profitable year.

Thanks to all for enlightening me.

Mark

·
Registered
529 Posts
I for one will send my business to Coal Creek (windrock) and not return to Brimstone!

Exactly. Doing the same thing this weekend. Supported RB last weekend and TE/TWRA a few weeks ago. Use to just buy one permit now spending over double to support their competition since they don't mandate where I stay.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Jrzr34, you hit the nail on the head. They are doing more harm than good by remaining silent, leaving everyone to speculate.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I had my annual passes refunded as well as the rest of the people I ride with. We have already been to Windrock for a 3 day weekend this year and will be returning in May. As long as Brimestone continues their current policies we will not be back. Love Trails End and everything they stand for.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Can someone from Brimstone explain about their new rules on where you must stay before you can buy a weekend or yearly ride permit?
If Brimstone is in any kind of litigation due to their policy changes, its very doubtful you will hear any response from them on any social media. That's my guess to why they are staying quiet about the whole thing.
Then why, join here? The only thing i can figure, is the person in charge is spending someone else s money making all these bad business decisions:rofl3:

·
Registered
18 Posts
It has been brought to our attention by several people that rumors are circulating that Trails End tried to STEAL Brimstone Recreations lease. We just want to go on the record as stating that this a complete fabrication of the truth! We have tried to contact Brimstone Recreation in order to put this mess to rest for the benefit of all riders and have received no response. Brimstone Recreation is and always has been welcome to contact us at Trails End if they have any questions about said rumors. We have always supported Brimstone and will continue to support any effort that will bring riders into our area. Our customers and all riders will always come first with us and we appreciate every one of you.

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
It has been brought to our attention by several people that rumors are circulating that Trails End tried to STEAL Brimstone Recreations lease. We just want to go on the record as stating that this a complete fabrication of the truth! We have tried to contact Brimstone Recreation in order to put this mess to rest for the benefit of all riders and have received no response. Brimstone Recreation is and always has been welcome to contact us at Trails End if they have any questions about said rumors. We have always supported Brimstone and will continue to support any effort that will bring riders into our area. Our customers and all riders will always come first with us and we appreciate every one of you.
Thanks for the comments, we encourage Brimstone to contact you in an effort to work things out

·
Official Parts Breaker
4,817 Posts
Thanks for the comments, we encourage Brimstone to contact you in an effort to work things out

Yeah, what he said!!

We love ya Marla.

Mark

·
Registered
767 Posts

This is why I love the people at Trails End, after all that has happened, they are still willing to support Brimstone. That boys and girls is manning up.

Orange, I am taking your title as parts breaker....I have broken way too many in the last 3 months.....lol

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Brimstone charges you to take a shower, why is it a surprise they are trying to dictate where you do business in order to play in their leased sandbox?

·
Registered
970 Posts
You know its messed up they support this site and just stair at these topics about the issues and will not work them out. As I type a BrimstoneRep is vewing the topic. :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Whoever "BrimstoneRep" is, is a dbag. He was on here arguing with us about video evidence of someone cheating in their SxS race that Brimestone did nothing about, since the winner was a buddy of Brimstone - funny how that "gold old boy network" works with them.

·
Registered
434 Posts
He was on here arguing with us about video evidence of someone cheating in their SxS race that Brimestone did nothing about, since the winner was a buddy of Brimstone - funny how that "gold old boy network" works with them.
I wondered if anyone else remembered that. They caught him red handed cheating and did nothing. That's good sportsmanship there Brimstone.:scared2:

·
YFZ 508s
456 Posts
Whoever "BrimstoneRep" is, is a dbag. He was on here arguing with us about video evidence of someone cheating in their SxS race that Brimestone did nothing about, since the winner was a buddy of Brimstone - funny how that "gold old boy network" works with them.
X2
I seen the same crap in their 2011 summer thing when David Allen Cole was their,I've never been back,nor will I ever.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts