Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my very first orv about a month ago. A used RZR 800 LE in Screaming Yellow. Made the move from street back to dirt. I've been reading a lot of the different topics and threads on here and have gotten some really good info. Thank you to all the people out there who don't mind helping us newbies out!
The reason for the post is I've noticed that Steve from Makin' Trax seems to be taking something of a sabbatical and I wanted to know if anyone here has Legends Air Suspension on their rig? If you do, do you like it? I've come to the conclusion that I really need some after market shocks and springs for my rig. The whoops told me so the other day. Loudly!
Thanks for any info you have.

·
hey ya'll watch this....
1,304 Posts
Let me be the first to say "Welcome".. :ride:..

Nevermind bout being first! I cant type fast enough :rofl3:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your quick reply FJK. What about Legends won't hold up? If I'm going to shell out big buck for shocks, I want something that I don't have to worry about falling apart within the first few rides. That's why I was initially looking at Makin' Trax. Quite a few posters on here really seemed to think MT1, MT2, or the Silver Series are the best. Your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
welcome from colorado
hawk engineering make a good progressive spring
their is wer walker evans shocks-kings-fox actually a bunch of choice

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bill. I've been looking at all the different brands you suggested. Lots of choices out there. I plan to do mostly trail riding, some mudding, some sand. If I want to get on it I want something that'll stand up to the abuse. WE seems to be where I'm leaning right now.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
HRMC- any quality brand shock and spring will perform better than the stock equipment for med to hard riding. I agree that the stock stuff will beat the crap out of you...and your machine. For hard riding I recommend either progressive rate springs or dual rate springs (gives you soft ride at low speed/small bumps them firmer spring rate comes in as shock compresses further on harder bumps). AFCO shocks can be had from other dealers besides Makin' Trax but Steve valved them to RZR application specs. I would think that other offroad shops could do the same. (I am very pleased with the valving Steve did on my MT2's and then Silvers- hope he does get back to selling these). I have heard amny good things about the W Evans also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts