Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I had my new 2013 XP 4 900 for two days when the battery went dead, it was not charging. I charged the battery it is fine. I took it back to the dealer and they found the regulator/rectifier to be bad. They say the Polaris does not have any nor does the supplier. They are still waiting on an answer as far as current lead time.

They did not have another new unit to take one out of at the moment, they are trying to find one but I thought I would ask the forum if anyone had any other ideas on coming up with one, or had a dealer that stocked lots of parts? Part number 4014029.

I really want this thing running!!

Thanks,

Shaun

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Yes polaris does have them what do you think they are putting in the machines coming down the assembly line? I would raise sand tell them to pull you one off the line.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm sure the supplier has one! Their the ones that supply Polaris,
I would almost bet that Polaris fills thier service / warranty parts from the assembly line unlike the automotive business which gets service/warranty parts from the suppliers
Since I've personally shipped direct to dealer parts for the automotive business
If they (Polaris) really want one they would have avenues to get you one
K

G

·
Common problem for Polaris to have parts for new machines on back order..but as said I bet you machines are still flying off the assembly line..can't reduce production numbers to get a guy going who has already bought a machine..that guy will just have to wait.
Trust me they have piles of all the "back ordered" parts for newer machines..but they are earmarked for production and you aren't getting one.
If they filled from the Assy line they wouldn't have so many parts for new machines back ordered..if they do then they must shut down production quite often waiting on parts..find that unlikely..Production rules..warranty parts is not a priority as they do not bring in revenue.

·
Banned
5,672 Posts
I......
I would almost bet that Polaris fills thier service / warranty parts from the assembly line unlike the automotive business which gets service/warranty parts ........
K
Been in a lot of factories and engineering departments as a contract engineer.
Assy line is one location. Parts/ distribution is God knows where somewhere else. Schenectity maybe.
My frame came out of Madison overnight.
Pretty sure RZRs aren't assembled there. Cause Wisc women can wield a grease gun one handed and still draw an arrow.

If the OP had more posts I would overnight mine. Its the big thing on the harness.

Attachments

G

·
Not seeing a voltage regulator in that picture..it's the black heat sinker box underneath in the area of the driver's seat on a 2 seater..
I......
I would almost bet that Polaris fills thier service / warranty parts from the assembly line unlike the automotive business which gets service/warranty parts ........
K
BeenS in a lot of factories and engineering departments as a contract engineer.
Assy line is one location. Parts/ distribution is God knows where somewhere else. Schenectity maybe.
My frame came out of Madison overnight.
Pretty sure RZRs aren't assembled there. Cause Wisc women can wield a grease gun one handed and still draw an arrow.

If the OP had more posts I would overnight mine. Its the big thing on the harness.

·
Registered
601 Posts
That sucks! I have been in that siuation before and yelling and venting got me no where except an angry service manager and shitty service.

G

·
Yep the dealer can't do anything if it shows back ordered in the system..except take if off another machine if they have one..then they are at the mercy of tw Polaris supply system with a machine sitting that they can't sell until who knows when..some dealers will do that but I don't blame the ones who will not. In my experience a lot of Polaris dealers disdain certain Polaris practices as much as Polaris customers do. I know we, myself included, gripe often about what seems like a majority of poor Polaris dealer service..but if we really get to the root of the Problem I think it's a Polaris issue..Polaris doesn'take customer service a priority...and they don't cooperate or reward in any way dealers who do..all they care about is how many units a dealer can move.
That sucks! I have been in that siuation before and yelling and venting got me no where except an angry service manager and shitty service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dealer told me they have a new unit coming in that they will pull the part from. I hope it comes next week because I want to go ride with the family Friday afternoon! My dealer seems to be doing everything they can at this point, I called another larger deaerl today and the parts guy said he has access to the whole dealer network and no one has this part in stock,

It sucks but this too shall pass. I guess ill carry an extra battery if it doesn't get here soon.

Shaun

·
Registered
836 Posts
Ive been waiting for my 2013 to come in, it was suppose to be here over a week ago. Im wonder if this has anything to do with it? Dealer said they had a assembly line issue and should be here on Tuesday.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dealer called to tell me Polaris is shipping the new regulator out this Wednesday next day air (at their expense), I should have the XP back by Thursday!! I hope this was just a fluke. Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
There's always a small failure rate in all parts, hopefully you got yours out of the way early on. I had a buddy just buy an XP and with just 1 miles on it the headlight switch was bad, dealer made it right though. I'm going on about 700 miles now and everything has been just fine on mine, good luck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts