Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:redrzr:I just bought my first and brand new RZR 800-4 and drove it 100 yards when i shut off motor oil started leaking....Dealer pick it up working on it now....wow great start and feeling.:

·
Registered
260 Posts
How much oil leaked out? Anything reading on the dip stick?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
didnt even look backed it out of trailer after buying from dealer put into garage and looked down and it was dripping oil. the dealer was there in 30 min with trailer and took it back for repair. i drove it less then 100 yards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1/4 quart oil ....oil was behind pass seats and dripping from the top. they said the factoy installed a screw that was too long not allowing it to breath.

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
It sounds like the screw for the vent line was to long and bottomed out in the hole. That's common and easily fixed with an extra washer. It doesn't take very much oil to make a BIG mess.
I wouldn't worry to much. Keep an eye on your intake box when you get it back to make sure your not pushing oil out the vent line by chance that maybe there is a problem with the engine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After receiving your reply i contacted the dealer and you are right the screw was to long. wow you know your stuff thanks for the help. Jim

·
Premium Member
12,791 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts