Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

Brand new and stick on reflectors are barely hangin on

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  aczr2k 
#1 ·
So, do all you guys just tear these off and toss em. The front ones were about 25% adhered. I used 3m spray to salvage them. Billion dollar company with walmart stickers on their machines. WTF. This little 570 rips. Love it mechanically.

#9 ·
Same thing here, just used gorilla glue, that was miles and miles ago. Stuck on good now. Use sparingly, a little dab will do ya.

#15 ·
Not sure it's the stickers fault... The panels are made from an PE base product which is formulated with slip aid and by it's nature is a self releasing product. Tough to really get anything to truly bond to it, stick maybe bond no. My reflectors were all gone after one trip on a flat bed trailer, just gonna leave them off.
Mark

#16 ·
in the old days they used a few % talc in some resins. Who knows.
Funny though most do stay on including mine which were about the only psa backed stickers that did put up a fight and particularly that says something since the black has a stipple pattern that's harder to adhere to.

I used to have to deal with such mysteries and often the answers were found by going down on the assy floor and watching.
Presuming the stickers are good and knowing these are assembled up north where it gets cold. Some one is peeling those reflective stickers and putting them on. Suppose the plastics came out of a cold box. You guys know jit. Fresh box comes over and the is a moisture issue when they hit ambient air.
I'm guessing the fronts are at a sub station where the headlights go in also.

Days like that you went over to Betty, explained it to her and asked her to bring this or that in earlier so it had a chance to warm up. You know. If Betty gave a damn you were a hero. If Betty was off that day....stickers fell off.

#20 ·
Rear ones peeled off mine also, '12 s. Both sides of the rear box decals are bubbled and peeling too. They did warranty them but since I don't want to take a 300 mile round trip to the dealer he just sent them out and I get to put them on. What's the best way to put the rear box decals on? Can I use water/soap solution? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.