Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Almost sounds like your brakes. Sometimes my brakes or its the belt sound similar. Dealer said its normal. But I could be hearing the wrong sound. I just hear the squeaky noise.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
are you letting the machine warm up before you get on it?
only just i get that sound if i don,t warm it up and get on it
and then suddenly slow down,
that little cheer cheer at the end does sound like a disc though as well,
jack it up on axle stands and spin the wheels by hand,
but i do believe warm up should stop that noise

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Mine does the same thing. It is a belt squeak. Mine only does it when I let off quick. I was told it will go away when it gets broke in.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
then another thought,
read your manual on belt break in,
recommended speeds etc

·
Registered
244 Posts
Seems to only happen on decel when the clutch is shifting. The clutch has to respond pretty quickly and force the belt down one sheive and up the other, I'm betting that's when it's happening. I wouldn't panic, but I would have the dealer look into it when you bring it in for initial service. It might go away with some wear on the belt. Does it happen if you just let off gradually, giving the clutch more time to "shift"?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems to only happen on decel when the clutch is shifting. The clutch has to respond pretty quickly and force the belt down one sheive and up the other, I'm betting that's when it's happening. I wouldn't panic, but I would have the dealer look into it when you bring it in for initial service. It might go away with some wear on the belt. Does it happen if you just let off gradually, giving the clutch more time to "shift"?

No-it does not occur if I gradually let off the throttle. I believe I may just give it a little more time to see if it goes away.......

·
Registered
244 Posts

No-it does not occur if I gradually let off the throttle. I believe I may just give it a little more time to see if it goes away.......
I'd do the same. When you hear a squeal like that it always makes you think metal on metal, but I don't think that the case with your issue. I'd put a few miles on and see what happens. It either gets better and goes away, stays the same or gets worse and something breaks...in which case, thats what warrenties are for! Really, I doubt that it's anything serious. Then again, I'm a newbie when it comes to Polaris so take anything I say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Mine was the same it's the belt, the squeak stopped at 700 miles when the belt broke.I replaced it with a new belt and all squeaking went away.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine did it until I changed belts @ 3000ish miles, it did get a lil quieter after a bit but it never stopped until the belt change. When I swapped the belt I cleaned the clutch and installed a new Dayco belt and has sounded like ti should since then.

·
Registered
334 Posts
That sound is the Belt contacting the bearing when primary disengages. Sound will lessen as it breaks in and when it's warm. Mine has 2500 km on it and still does it. I've learned to live with it

·
Registered
169 Posts
That sounds the same as ours.

Maybe somebody with a new 2013 "with EBS" can comment on weather they still hear that sound. There was a one way bearing in the primary clutch's on some of the 2009's but Polaris took it out after so many people had problems with it.

The one way bearing is still available for the Sportsman 800's for around $110 CDN

·
Registered
2,596 Posts

Maybe somebody with a new 2013 "with EBS" can comment on weather they still hear that sound. There was a one way bearing in the primary clutch's on some of the 2009's but Polaris took it out after so many people had problems with it.

The one way bearing is still available for the Sportsman 800's for around $110 CDN
It changes it completely. Had the old polaris clutch installed on my 2011, no more whee-nee-nee-nee clutch disengagements anymore.

Rides and handles like a rzr, transmission/drive system is like a quad now.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
sounds like the engine break to me...Mine makes same noise

·
Registered
79 Posts

I just posted the same issue. I do have "EBS" and hope the noise goes away. I might just let the dealer look at it....It is annoying because hunting season is two weeks away and hate to have that loud noise when going to my stand...The sound clip sounds just like mine.......

·
Registered
488 Posts
Thats just the polaris gobble. When I first bought my 2011 I thought what in the hell? It goes away a little at a time. I think its the secondary letting go on decel. I also noticed in those first few hundered miles it was a bugger to shift, dealer fixed that.

Iv got 800 miles on mine now, the sound goes away. The next noise you will worry about is the brake pads chattering on the posts, there are no clips to hold them like a car.

I would move that fan circuit breaker, search for that thread "problem you will have". I have already replaced bushings once and now my front diff output shaft seal is leaking. Mine sadly is driven about 50% of the time like a golf cart too. I hope she stops costing me money, its a fun toy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have the same issue and noise when I let off the gas. I took things apart and inspected the belt and clutches. I believe the noise is caused when the belt gets slack in it when letting off the gas quickly. You can see on the top of the cover that the belt is actually cutting into the cover. I'm wondering if it could be caused by dirty sheave faces grabbing the belt. I'm cleaning them very well before installing the new belt and will see if that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts

My 2013 end never made any noise like in the video.....weird.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts