Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new ‘19 XP turbo. The machine is awesome in every way except for brakes.

I feel my pedal travel is a bit long and it doesn’t have a lot of bite. Anyone else feel this way? Any suggestions to resolving this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Make sure they are adjusted correctly. If you have excessive pedal travel you may need to adjust the set screw that sets the pad standoff distance.

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
About ready to change my pads ...anything better or worse ?? go with factory ?
Probably a stupid question but as long as we are talking about it ...I have an 2018 XPT

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2019 XPT just got a few weeks ago and thats been my thought every time that it just doesn't have enough brakes.. pedal is fine just the stopping doesn't match t he pedal presure

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 100 miles on them. I made a point to try to heat them up to get them bed in but no real change.

I haven’t done anything to attempt to fix it yet. Figured I would try to assess what normal is.

·
Premium Member
10,038 Posts
I have a 2019 XPT just got a few weeks ago and thats been my thought every time that it just doesn't have enough brakes.. pedal is fine just the stopping doesn't match t he pedal presure
You are very close to me, do a bunch of hard stops to get seated.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I just got a 19 XPT4 and the brakes are similar. This is my 8th RZR and the worst brakes of them all. The pedal is soft and has a lot of travel before actually doing anything(2 inches of pedal movement before pads even start to bite). I thought air in the lines but I cant pump the pedal up? I checked on that caliper pad clip recall from the S models that's not it either. I think I am going to try bleeding it then I am afraid the MC is bad? When I get back on my 14 1000 its amazing the difference.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The brakes on my 17XPT will throw you thru the windshield. Why did Polaris change from that setup. I just bought a 19 Yamaha yxz and the brakes on it suck. At least compared to the Rzr.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just got a 19 XPT4 and the brakes are similar. This is my 8th RZR and the worst brakes of them all. The pedal is soft and has a lot of travel before actually doing anything(2 inches of pedal movement before pads even start to bite). I thought air in the lines but I cant pump the pedal up? I checked on that caliper pad clip recall from the S models that's not it either. I think I am going to try bleeding it then I am afraid the MC is bad? When I get back on my 14 1000 its amazing the difference.
I have the 18 dynamix, The brakes are extremely effective, as one poster said it will throw you through the windshield. Maybe the Dealer
can bleed the brakes as that is the most likely cause of the problem. The master cylinders have been the same on a lot of models, so
so it does't seem reasonable that some of them would be bad, however maybe???. The part numbers for the 17 Hub, Rotors and Shoes are different than the 18 models That seems strange as to why they would change those parts, maybe the upgraded
parts are not as effective as the engineers thought

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
We've got a 19 XPT and the breaks shut it down fast. We also have a 13 800. When I get in it, the peddle is a lot shorter push and feels more solid. But the turbo will lock up the breaks with no problem.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 19 and my brakes feel like jumbo marshmallows (think about 25 hours on the machine). I have a ride planned this weekend, I will bleed the brakes put higher quality fluid in the system when I return. Let you all know what happens.

But, my 14 XP41K felt just about the same. I didn't think much of it until now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No real resolution. But I don’t think there’s anything wrong. Just the way it is. The brake performance is good the confidence just isn’t.

I wish they made a higher bite brake pad.

·
Registered
777 Posts
My$.02

My 2013 800LE could stop on a dime
My 2017 1000s had mushy pedal, but would stop
My 2018 XPT is in between... the only thing I really dislike is the rearend wanting to swing around on hard braking. Did not really have that issue with the 800 or 1000

·
EE
152 Posts
Well I have to agree with the sentiment that the bite just isn't there. I finally had some seat time this weekend and was less than impressed by the braking performance. I would say it is noticeably softer than my 17' XP 1000 was. I suppose I will see how it goes as time progresses.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts